Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the title asks?

I've tried to use zip ties but they drag on the ground because the chassis is too low.

I've used tape but what a pain the butt.

What are you guys using to hold down 2/3A cells?

·
Premium Member
8,168 Posts
It's pretty easy to use the tape and the aboslute best way to do it. Use strapping tape it's the stuff with the fiberglass strands in it they uses for packing and such. Take a short length about 5" feed one end up thru front slot leave about 2 " sticking up the lay it over the battery slots on bottom of chassis and then the remainder goes up back side of chassis . Do this without hte batteries in chassis. Then place batteries in chassis and fold over both ends of tape around and on top of the batts. Push down and stick tape to top of battes and also on the bottom thru battery slots. This will hold batts in place and not tweek the chassis. Once You fig it out it is very easy and full proof. If I could I would do a short video but I do not have a camera.
Hope this helped.

·
Registered
583 Posts
bimmerboy318.......the strapping tape, like tangtester mentioned, is what we all use as the velcro is too thick. The velcro thickness could hinder the handeling of your car by rubbing on the track surface.

·
Registered
796 Posts
bimmerboy318.......the strapping tape, like tangtester mentioned, is what we all use as the velcro is too thick. The velcro thickness could hinder the handeling of your car by rubbing on the track surface.
Yep Tried it!! Too thick!! Strapping tape is the only way to go!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts