Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a slot car racewr that ahs aquired boxes and boxes of Hot Wheels and other diecast dating from 1996 to 2002.

Are these cars worth anything or do they have to be older. There isn't any Treasure Hunts in the bunch.

I'd like to move them to make extra room that I need but am afraid that I'm giving them away. Other wise I could probably give my grandkids 1,000 plus doecast cars to play with.

Any ideas here ?

Gonzo

·
Registered
995 Posts
I'd be willing to look at any Jeeps, military, and construction equipment....
post some pics on Photobucket or the like, and let us see them.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Id like some pics also. Love to see what there is as far as police, fire and ambulances. Carded or loose doesnt matter to me.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Gonzo, Most late 90's Cars are only selling for .50c too maybe $1 as many
Collectors like myself are only interested in 60's - 70's and early 80 Cars.
Maybe some late 80's but definetly the 90's Cars are plentiful unless you
have the HTF Variants from Sub Series Cars or FE's....I would go through
them before you decide to dump them as you may have a $60 Car lurking
in the Collection that you can get 1/2 or more for it. Nothing sells for top
price anymore.

I wish you best of luck :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I believe those years are the most plentiful on the planet for most collectors. It seems when I hear people say "they got into the hobby when".... it's usually about this time for some reason.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I got in the Hobby back in the 70's as a Child and Collected them because
no one was doin it in my Area. HW MB were cooler looking back then than
what is being produced today. IMHO.

Have you noticed that we dont see many Construction Vehicles anymore ???
Real shame too as those were favorites back in the day.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Have you noticed that we dont see many Construction Vehicles anymore ???
Real shame too as those were favorites back in the day.

Matchbox has come out with some nice construction vehicles. Front-end loaders, fork lifts, just about any kind of truck you can name.:wave:

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All of these are carded althought some of the cards are very slightly biffed.

I noticed that there are some yellow road graders that have aboout 3 different styles of wheels.

My puter isn't compatable with picture posting. I don'y know why , I've tried several times.

Gonzo

·
Registered
341 Posts
:wave: Get what you can get...OR!......

Give them to the Childerns Hosp. and let them PLAY!

My son was there for awhile and always love'd to find HW's
in the special box of goody's:thumbsup:

·
Registered
674 Posts
I think the high points are hit..., 50 cent to a buck if you're lucky on TTP or epay (and all the work that goes with it) or .25 to .50 in large lots to a wholesaler. Or donate to a charity...the Children's hospital is a good idea...but Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc. are also some places to consider. And you get the tax credit for the donation to write off on (now) 2010 taxes.

I would personally go through the collection with a knowledgeable collector first though, because even though the vast majority of what you have is almost guaranteed to be low dollar stuff, there were a handful of high dollar sleepers that snuck through during that era, and you just never know. Some of the "rare" cars like the Sweet Stocker and the Blue Nissan truck I'm seeing now for less than $5 (they used to bring $20 easily), but the Blue and Black Talbot for instance is still a $300 car *if* you can find one. There is a rare Porsche from that era that fetches a couple hundred easy too, and there are a few others that bring $20 or so pretty easy. You just never know.

If you need cash fast, first have the trustworthy collector help you look for anything worthwhile, then sell to a wholesaler. If time and money are not as big of a concern, donate to a charity after looking for the high dollar stuff, and get the donation tax credit ($1 per car).

My opinion, I'm not an accountant, and I'm not you...but that's how I would look at it.

Good luck!

·
Registered
995 Posts
All of these are carded althought some of the cards are very slightly biffed.

I noticed that there are some yellow road graders that have aboout 3 different styles of wheels.

My puter isn't compatable with picture posting. I don'y know why , I've tried several times.

Gonzo
are you linking to a file on your computer, or downloading them to a free hosting website, then linking those pics here?
You cannot link to a file directly on your computer, it doesn't work.
I use photobucket.com for all my pic hosting. there are others out there also. :wave:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts