Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to know how that school bus races on the track and some of the other new autoworld slots do. I noticed that they have magnets on the back do they all have those on them. Let me know Thanks Jeremy LJLRC

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
It's all about personal preference really. I like the new chassis with the magnets. More pace through the corners and coming off the corners. Others like no magnets and a bit of slide through the corners. I think the new chassis with the magnets are fun!

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
Imho

AW cars are meant to collect or play with, not to race.

they are not really hobby quality. you can tune them up and replace parts, but if you want to race stick with the older tjets (lots of hop up parts) or the newer chassis from scale auto/bsrt, wizzard, or slot tech. i strongly prefer the scale auto/bsrt stuff

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Beg to differ

they are not really hobby quality. you can tune them up and replace parts, but if you want to race stick with the older tjets (lots of hop up parts) or the newer chassis from scale auto/bsrt, wizzard, or slot tech. i strongly prefer the scale auto/bsrt stuff
I have raced the AW Xtraction chassis and the Super III at a couple of basement clubs with success. The S-III is stuck in Restricted Open or higher classes, but I've managed a couple of mains, 4th in both. The Xtraction chassis, especially the harder black plastic versions are excellent for racing. Very stiff and predictable. Yes there are other cars out there that have been developed longer or are specifically built for competition, I won't argue that. But if you want something different or just don't want to follow the herd...

-Paul

·
Registered
303 Posts
mking
sorry but i think they race great we race them every week along with t-jets(2diff classes) we run southern sportsman rules they are a ball on ovals but race good on a road coarse also they have to be set up right just like a t-jet
i just got back from race at mopar mountain we ran them on ron tri oval i won with 329 laps there were 17 racers i think there were 10 of us over 300 laps (4 lanes 5min on each) before deductions for crashes it does take a little time to get them set up but they are fast
just my 2cents thanks kevin

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
I also think AW's are good for racing. Just a matter of getting acceptance from the racing groups. They can be good for the racer on a budget, or the parent whose kids want to try racing.

·
Geico ad . . . Offensive?
6,714 Posts
Well my $.02 on this is that the latest round of XTrac Ultra-G cars seems to be the best running yet -- I have about six copies and they all go like hell. Even the tires seems to hang on a little better this time.

Look for the new Challenger & Camaro, and two-tone Corvette C5-Rs - those are the ones I have and they are pretty good (mandatory AW warning that your individual results may vary). :tongue:

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
IMO, every chassis is a racing chassis, as long as it runs another chassis of the same creed. It's fun to race AW against original Aurora... for the Pancake 500. The skill level of the driver is more important I think.

The super duper serious racers seem to love their heavily magnetized lexan bullets and their routed tracks.

If you're a newbie, a less expensive magnet chassis might be better suited for you too, less de-slotting.
Later you may find, as some here have, that the magnets are better suited for sticking your kid's artwork to the refrig. I like both styles, but there's something about sliding through a turn that magnet cars can't give you.

That's what makes this hobby so cool, there's a chassis and racing class for everyone.

·
Villain
4,632 Posts
for the cost, you can't beat Autoworlds cars, the fast and furious releases both had great chassis, and now i'm hearing alot of the newer AW cars are better.
Another thing about AW cars, there great to paint and customize, without having to scrap an original.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm not crazy about the Ultra G X-Tractions. The extra magnet makes for too much downforce and slows the car down. I like the newest lighted chassis without the neo magnet (and lose the light which will burn out anyway). They seem to have good magnets and a superior pick up shoe spring set up.

The Ultra G T-jets are good as those cars need something to stop the backends from fishtailing when they slow down.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I dont mind the Ultra G magnets. It takes about 2 seconds to pop out the magnet and go slider style. Better to have it there for those who want it, those of us who dont can do the mod.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts