Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a list that I just put together of the chase cars. Are there any others in these two series? Thanks for any help.
David

PRO RODZ
69 Pontiac Firebird
67 Ford Mustang GT
69 Oldsmobile 442
67 Chevy El Camino
69 Corvette Coupe
60 Ford Starliner
68 Chevy Camaro Z28

G RIDEZ
06 Ford Mustang GT
32 Ford Roadster
66 VW Karmann Ghia
67 VW Notchback
VW Beetle Cabriolet

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
i'd say there's 8 chase cars i never saw, and some i never knew were out. nice collection. here you rarely see pro rodz's or g ridez since last fall. i gave up on maisto. their product was way to difficult to find after the initial burst. same with greenlight. it's not fun to collect, you can't find it in any store. they say it's in k-mart and toy r us. was in k-mart 3 times last year. toysrus manager says he's never heard of them, and he has no reason to lie. always been up front with me about everything i ask, good or bad.
i gave up both and just do hot wheels again. mail order is not worth the trouble. not to me........just my opinion. i know some here find it great. not that there's anything wrong with that.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
kwik said:
i'd say there's 8 chase cars i never saw, and some i never knew were out. nice collection. here you rarely see pro rodz's or g ridez since last fall. i gave up on maisto. their product was way to difficult to find after the initial burst. same with greenlight. it's not fun to collect, you can't find it in any store. they say it's in k-mart and toy r us. was in k-mart 3 times last year. toysrus manager says he's never heard of them, and he has no reason to lie. always been up front with me about everything i ask, good or bad.
i gave up both and just do hot wheels again. mail order is not worth the trouble. not to me........just my opinion. i know some here find it great. not that there's anything wrong with that.
I hear you on this one kwik ! I just get a HW car every once in a while , most of them dont really stand out to me on the pegs .... Unless you count my NEW 2007 TH dairy delivery i just got today ! LOL . But yeah as far as Maisto goes i dont care nothing about them man ... im like you . :wave:

Most of my collection ( diecasts ) is NASCAR

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
i had a hot wheels lucky week 2 weeks ago. got a th vette at DG, 2 reg. skylines and a super skyline at a walmart 30 miles away while on a delivery for the business, and then the dairy hunt on the same trip in a FD. like the dairy del. the best. keep it on the desk. nice piece. i don't ebay or the like. i buy what i find in a store. if i can't get it at retail, i wasn't meant to have it. the sun will rise no matter. they are just toys in reality. got to keep that in perspective.
but, i let it be known to corp. managements, when a store supposed to be carrying diecast is not doing the job. like the k-mart here. it gets results after awhile.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
amen to that kmart deal man ! and yes i love my dairy delivery TH man .

You should have seen me man LOL i about peed my pants in the store ! LOLOLOL

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
There are also TWO Toy Fair VW Bugs, one for NY and one for London. They used to sho up on the bay quite frequently shorlty after the show, but I havent seen one in a long time and sold both of mine a while ago, sorry

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
Oh man. I just realized that I don't have the VW notchback. Does anyone know what series that was from?

I think you have all the regular cars listed David. The Toy Fair bug I saw was white with white wheels. The DCX bug looks like the traditional chase cars, black primer with white wheels.

DCX bug

all mine (32 and 442 not in picture)

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
YellowBronc said:
There are also TWO Toy Fair VW Bugs, one for NY and one for London. They used to sho up on the bay quite frequently shorlty after the show, but I havent seen one in a long time and sold both of mine a while ago, sorry

I guess all in need is the Camaro and these two Bugs. I have all of the rest.
Thanks for the help.
David

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice looking cars. I am thinking of opening mine also. If I had an extra notchback I would send it to you. All I have extra is the vette and 32 Ford.
David

Atencio said:
Oh man. I just realized that I don't have the VW notchback. Does anyone know what series that was from?

I think you have all the regular cars listed David. The Toy Fair bug I saw was white with white wheels. The DCX bug looks like the traditional chase cars, black primer with white wheels.

DCX bug

all mine (32 and 442 not in picture)

·
7,829 Posts
Thanks David.
The only extra I have is the 442.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
Atencio said:
Oh man. I just realized that I don't have the VW notchback. Does anyone know what series that was from?[ QUOTE]

The Notchback was from release 2.2

The Ford Starliner is from the Stylers line, not Pro Rods.

Ya gotta get the Toy Fair bug, it's gorgeous!

·
7,829 Posts
Thx for the info and picture ECchopper

1 - 17 of 17 Posts