Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And congratulations to Jeremy Mayfield! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

This has to rank as one of the best races I've ever seen. Right behind Atlanta '92.

·
Registered
631 Posts
yes it was!

Gotta love dem night short track races!! :thumbsup: I would say Jeremy was highly motivated!! I was glad to see Mark Martin make it in the final 10! The next 10 should be very interesting, talk about a drama!! i just hope and pray Busch don't friggin win... :rolleyes:

WLf

·
Registered
151 Posts
Home-town boy makes good! Way to go Jeremy - originally from Owensboro, KY! Killer race and good rally by Dale Earnhardt, Jr.! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
840 Posts
Other than Mayfield dominating,:thumbsup: the race sucked!:eek: DJ moved into my "million dollar tallent - nickel head" category along with T. stewart and R. Gordon. Trying to wreck Mears just to stay 1st car one lap down is pretty low and after the race he blames his pathetic performance on his crew:rolleyes:, what a loser! And then you have Martin and McMurray begging other cars to not race them - two more losers. The TV annoucers updated the "race" every half lap and never mentioned the dominating performance of Mayfield - Dodge and Mountain Dew should be pissed off! Nascar is totally screwed up!!!

The points system that work great for nearly 30 years would have been extremely exciting the last 10 races this year. Sixty-one points separate the top 3 drivers and fourth is less than 200 points out. The leader has changed several time the past few weeks and you have a great race for top ten in points playing out as well. As I said before, Nascar is screwed up!

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah yes, several good points that I picked up on too.

First of all, I was actually glad to see Johnson have trouble (not that I wanted him to wreck, and I am glad he is okay!) and I was hoping Gordon's misfortunes would continue also (yes, despite the fact that he's on my fantasy team!) only to get more than ten drivers into the chase for the Cup. Why? To prove to NASCAR what a sham this new points system is. Mayfield did what he had to do in the race he had to do- his car held together and I'm thrilled he got into the chase. Kahne, on the other hand, by virtue of having a bad day in the wrong race, won't make the playoffs. It'll be interesting to see how many (if any) of the top ten drivers he outscores in the last ten races.

Jarrett... where do I begin? I've seen him act stupid on very rare occassions (anyone else remember the helmet throwing incident?) but this takes the cake. Sure he was racing to get into the chase, but that's NO EXCUSE for the way he raced. He raced dirty all night long, and I've got NO RESPECT for that. First he was beating and banging on Mears,, and then he spun Spencer out and caused the caution that really shook up the race (but he got back on the lead lap!). Of course, doing that put Gordon in the top five, so he eliminated his best chance of getting in. By Gordon finishing third, McMurray, Kahne and possibly Labonte, Harvick, and Jarrett himself, failed to make the 400 point cutoff.

McMurray... his engine went down and a "semi-team car" passed him. As I figure it he only lost two positions due to his engine problems. Many championships have been won or lost on engine problems in the last race (Waltrip beating Elliott in '85 for example). He's a good driver with a bright future. He will probably win a championship. This isn't going to be the year, however.

Martin... the only thing that could have made his run more embarrassing is if he would have left his left turn blinker on. That said, I'm still glad Mark made the top ten in points, but he was racing on eggshells.

Spencer... should not have been parked. I applaud NASCAR for not reacting hastily to the accident. It was a racing incident. At the time, all three (Spencer, Mears, and Jarrett) were driving like rookies.

All of that aside, go MAYFIELD! I wonder if he'll get to be the #1 Evernham car for the last ten races, or if Kahne will still get the better equipment?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts