Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FINE GUYS HERE!

As most of you guys know, I sold all my stuff. It was a difficult decision.

I really want to say that you are a really great bunch of guys. I made a lot of friends here and hope to keep them. Especially the guys I've bought, sold and traded with.

I hope you all continue to enjoy, modify and run all your little buggies over lay-outs big and small!

As one of you once told me "slot cars are a great way to meet "real" people. He was right. :hat:

·
Registered
658 Posts
Wow Dave, I guess my timing sucks. Only dealt with you one or twice but seem like a great guy. Who knows, perhaps you'll be back some day.

Brian A

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
If them snausage thingies didn't smell so bad you could have probably trained one to run with you!! :lol: I do completely understand the buying phenomenon, as I find I'm constantly caught up in it myself. I keep buying bodies like there's no tomorrow.. Someday I might actually run them... (if I start buying chassis to go with them!!!) Just when I think I have all the bugs worked out of my table something else malfunctions and I'm back at square one. And time is running out before my little world gets torn up.. :cry: I'm thinking of making one of these with all the track...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170377735664&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I have everything required plus for it.. Now to see if the kids will actually run on it!! :rolleyes:

Best of luck to you Dave. We'll still be here if you need someone to talk at. And there's almost always a few of us in chat nightly. Pop in and say hi if you want!!! :wave:

·
Premium Member
2,232 Posts
And near a former Playboy club...

And near the historical site of TSR Hobbies AKA the creators of Dungeons and Dragons...

And pretty close to 1:1 Sports Car Meca Road America (Elkhart Lake)

And near a vast number of porveyors of great cheese ...

Dang, I miss the MidWest...

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Planning to get together with the cave man soon. I'll have to check out LB too! And yes, I have been getting my fill of cheese.

It's been a big change for me. I used to be two hours from anywhere. Now, I have a small business. Detailing 1:1's. It's great!

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
My son used to detail cars when he was in High School.Best guy he got money from was our dentist.PAYBACK $300.When my son gave him the bill,he looked like we pulled his teeth.
Tom

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
WOW! I only get $85 for a hand wash and wax and interior vacuum and windows. Takes about 3 hours. About $25 an hour after expenses. No too bad. I'm about to treat my truck to one this morning. Of course I get mine free. So does my mom. (Did her MKZ yesterday.)

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I sold my stuff a couple of times ion the last 4 years, gave a lot of it away too. The only thing I really regret losing were some of the tools I had bought along the way, cars stay close to the same prices but evertime I go to buy tools they've gone up. Right now I'm slowly building everything back up, doing more pancake this time, less magnets cars, working on the good looking and not so much the "cheap". I figured I have a nearly completed track built specifically for pancakes, may as well start collecting them. I think you guys are finally starting to rub off on me a little.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm pretty much going with pancakes this time too. More for the cost effect. I'm running t-jets w/o mags, XT's and 4gears. I used to be an AFX snob but these AW chassis ain't bad. They run smooth and have plenty of zip to fly off the track if you are not careful. In the older days, I used to buy XT's just to put the bodies on SG+ and SRT's. I never even ran an XT! (They have nicer looking wheels too.)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts