Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to get everyone's opinion on what super from this year they think is going to be the most rare, and valuable in thee end.
I already heard the challenger, and the Ferrari. But I personally think the charger doesn't look that great in person, but better in pictures...and for the Ferrari, seems so easy to find.:confused:

Thanks Joseph

·
Registered
125 Posts
I think he means like later on down the road. For example the 07 super Ferrari Enzo seems to be one of the tuff cars to get ahold of. Could be for many reasons. Even though I'm sure the numbers of production have more than likely multiplied since 07 lol but with all that said, I think it's going to be the 599xx from this year joe :) buuuut the challenger and mustang are pretty sexy alsoso idk we will just have to stick around and wait and see :)

See ya in the morning Joe Mattel :cool:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Fair enough. Knowing the source though, a custom isn't too likely. Do you know John Lambert and David Tilley? Then again, a dispute about value and rarity of HW mainlines (including supers) isn't my intention anyway. Why argue with "hitting 10-20 stores a day"?

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
If you don't find something after hitting 10-20 stores a day, you're not looking hard enough... Not looking for a job hard enough either! :jest:

I think the 599XX will be pretty sought after. You know some supers just have that "it" factor more than others? I think the Ferrari has is. That was probably the last one I expected to find myself.

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
Wow 10-20 stores a day, that is a alot of time and gas.
I would say that the grey interior $uper Chevelle could be the rarest. As for that Honda, there has not been a lot of talk about this.

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
If you don't find something after hitting 10-20 stores a day, you're not looking hard enough... Not looking for a job hard enough either! :jest:
Well...I wasn't going to say it that way. :p In regards to the question, rare and most valuable in Hot Wheels land is obviously depending on how hard to find a car might be (either someone buys 20 a day and everybody else in town feels like this car must be really rare or they are told on some internet forum that a car is rare when it isn't) and how badly someone wants that particular car. By sheer production numbers, these supers are clearly as rare as any sort of treasure hunt or subseries in the mainline department. You figure it out. :dude:

If I was spending time and gas every day to "hit and hunt hard", I'd probably ask the same question to see if there might be some sort of compensation or return in it for me. Not this one, apparently, it's just "buy them all and give them away". I just wonder how long I would hit 10-20 shops a day, spending my money on gas and the actual toy cars, only to send them off across the country out of simple kindness. Maybe not too long, I'd soon run out of disposable money. Just saying...

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
I think this is a question with no clear answer ultimately. Every Super is pretty rare, no matter how cool or how lame. Not by production numbers, but because they don't hang on the pegs very long. And the first person to see one or more often grabs them all...

And all are valued - if not valuable, because you don't often see any selling for less than $10-15 USD on auction sites. Sometimes more, as there are no set values. Only competing bidders who are willing to shell out more or less for one than you. Only time will tell what the realistic "value" of these cars are. Not that I care, because I open them and play. And if I don't find it in the wild for a buck, then I don't need it. Inflated prices for a dollar car? Homey don't play that!! :dude:

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I think the 599XX will be pretty sought after. You know some supers just have that "it" factor more than others? I think the Ferrari has it.
My sentiments exactly. The Ferrari is a great-looking car...and, for a Super TH, it's fairly understated. Though I do also like the Maverick Super TH.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Question ?????????? And do not throw me under the bus for asking this question......

Does it really matter which 2012 $uper TH will be worth more when we are suppose to enjoy our collection ???

I guess I don't put a value on my collection. They are just Toy Cars I collect ...

What is your thoughts on this ???

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Question ?????????? And do not throw me under the bus for asking this question......

Does it really matter which 2012 TH will be worth more when we are suppose to enjoy our collection ???

I guess I don't put a value on my collection. They are just Toy Cars I collect ...
I pretty much feel the same way. Collect what you like, like what you collect.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Only reason were in that many stores is because of my distributorship. So it's a win win situation :) and no it doesn't matter what the value is guys, just an honest question just to see everyone's opinions on what they think will be the most "popular" or " remembered" super from this year. That's all :)

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I think the 599XX will be pretty sought after. You know some supers just have that "it" factor more than others? I think the Ferrari has is. That was probably the last one I expected to find myself.
The Ferrari 599xx must not be that hard to find. I found one and I never find any $uprs....:lol:

·
Registered
6,164 Posts

Does it really matter which 2012 TH will be worth more when we are suppose to enjoy our collection ???

What is your thoughts on this ???
people who like to fish bring up what thing might be worth down the road.vlaue means nothing if you love the hobby and collect what you like.the only time value should even come up is if you are doing and isurance policy on them.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts