Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago, I stumbled across this years "4th of July" Hot Wheels. Grabbed a set for myself, and another to trade. And trade I did. CHorton49 was able to find me half of the Wal-Mart Batman Series:

My son had a little bit of cash to spend, so I took him to Carbondale to a few places I know he's been wanting to go, including their Wal-Mart. I found this:

It was the only one. I couldn't even find where there had been a display. It wasn't on a peg, it was just lying beneath the mainlines as if it were one of the suicides (you know, the ones that fall of the pegs as you dig, no matter how careful you are...). That's almost worse than not finding them at all!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To round out the day, I snagged my own copy of Fast Fortress:

Then we hit the big Yard Sale down the road from us. My son spent almost the last of his money on a 1:24 scale 1931 Peerless, and I found this bright red 63 split window.

I just about to leave, when my son grabbed this one:

It was pretty cool, since it's a first edition, and he handed it to me because he knows how much I like them. I had completely missed it.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Glad they arrived!! I am headed out of my normal hunting grounds tomorrow and I will be on the look out for the other four! I will let you know if I have any luck!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As of today, I have 5 out of 8. It just seems weird to me that there would only be one single car sort of accidentally on the shelf. I mean I don't know how these things are shipped, but I'd expect to see several of them or none of them, if they just got a shipment in. I'd expect that they'd get a shipper with just the batman cars in it, like they get Boulevard cars or Hot Ones.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Batmans didn't last long in my area... I believe they all sold within a couple days to people who eBay or newbies who just started collecting as us old dogs know these are just repeat old stock re-carded Batmobiles.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
As of today, I have 5 out of 8. It just seems weird to me that there would only be one single car sort of accidentally on the shelf. I mean I don't know how these things are shipped, but I'd expect to see several of them or none of them, if they just got a shipment in. I'd expect that they'd get a shipper with just the batman cars in it, like they get Boulevard cars or Hot Ones.
They were shipped in a side kick display box or at least that is what I have been seeing when spotted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts