Hey, Jeff! yea, actually I got some pretty good shots. I just have to resize them & get them into our server. Hopefully I can do that before I leave Friday morning on a quick weekend trip back home! I'll be home Sunday late, so maybe Monday noonish at the latest.
What I have done that's of interest are the tail lights. I made an interior box with a faceted interior & little light bulbs!! Mostly I've been working on the small details that will be in the rear of the van.
I had a few moments after dropping the Dutchess off at school, so here's some freshly pixelated pics for ya'!
First off, ya' gotta have a license plate! So just like Bug to the Future, I gave the R2 Van an Indiana license plate. Not the current one, but I like the "amber waves" plate so much better! Plus I think the red contrasts nicely with the van's blue. I figure if the van is carrying R2 units, it should say... http://planetmyhill.com/Modelmaster/PICS/R2Van/LicensePlate.jpg
The TIE sunroof was fun to mask! It ended up looking like a chef's hat! Here's the result after painting up the spokes (I still have to trim the black edges with chrome) & you can see the basic colors being laid down on the chassis. http://planetmyhill.com/Modelmaster/PICS/R2Van/TIEdome.jpg
As for the tail lights, I got a neat tip from the Fine Scale forums. Aside of just painting the back of the "glass" red, I made a box to mimic the inside of the light assembly. I painted the box three different colors of silver, giving the colors a hard, masked edge to hopefully mimic a faceted interior. http://planetmyhill.com/Modelmaster/PICS/R2Van/taillight_boxes.jpg
Then I streched some clear sprue over a flame till I got a thin rod & trimmed it to the size I needed, then "bulbed" the tip by bringing it close to the flame, just like a piece of optic fiber for making a formation light on an E. I glued it in place, colored the tail light with red food coloring & Future & volia!! http://planetmyhill.com/Modelmaster/PICS/R2Van/taillights_final1.JPG
It looks so cool!!! I put bulbs in both the red & white sections of the tail light. I still have yet to trim the assembly in silver to get rid of those chips, but I'm real giddy with it. I still have to put in some wires leading out of the back of the box & down the roof line, like I saw in one of our cargo vans at work, but that shouldn't be too hard.
So that's all I got for now. The Dutchess' vacation & an upcoming weekend trip are slowing progress, but it's all good. No reason why I shouldn't have it done for the 'Fest!