Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few of us have attended Sci-Fi U while attending Wonderfest. Some of us have even attended all of the Sci-Fi U sessions offered in the last 3 years. Personally, I have found them to be educational and I seem to come away with new ideas and techniques each time, even last year when I was an instructor at the General Constrcution table.

Right now I am planning on attending WF 2005 and I am hoping we will continue to have Sci-Fi U sessions the day before the offical WF begins. While it might be a little ways away, ok 9-10 months, I thought we could maybe talk about what kinds of things we would like to see covered in that session.

Personally, I would really like to see a return of the airbrush sessions. While I have used an airbrush for more than 30 years, it continues to be one of the most underutilized tools I own. I have seen lots of work many people done, particularly on figures or busts. So it would be nice to see a session that covers tips and techniques, probably would be a good idea to have something covering proper cleaning and maintenance.

Anyone else???

·
Registered
320 Posts
Last year we did cover electronics.

Airbrushing is problematic - the room we use does not lend itself to clearing paint fumes easily. Believe me, I wanted to do it last time. Steve has considered doing this though, and he has not shut the door on it entirely AFAIK.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was kinda thinking that would be the problem, but then I thought if there was enough interest, maybe we could think creatively about how to solve that. Like having a session outside, do it early to stay out of the heat, etc...

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Like I wrote elsewhere, I think building vacume form models would be workable at WF. I have never built one and no one around me has either. Would like to see it first hand. Keep the kit simple. Charge a little extra to cover the kit. Hey, could be fun!

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I posted this at a couple of other sites and have heard similar requests for the vacu-form builds and also casting parts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts