Hobbyist Forums banner

Which would you prefer....?

  • Series Race

    Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Trophy Race

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Cash Race

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Don't Care

    Votes: 3 10.7%

  • Total voters
    28
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 2816 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay racers, I agree with Hankster, since it's our second season, and a new year it's time for a new thread, soooooo....... Let's all use this one only!

Gentelman...... start your engines!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bustedparts said:
Yes I have been huffin nitro for a few weeks now.LET GET IT ON! :thumbsup:

A few weeks??????? I'm NOT buying that story!
What about last year.... huh???

:drunk: :drunk:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
399 Posts
Since we have a couple months before we can get out there I would like to throw out a couple problems from last year and mybe we can have it allready to go when its time.One of the problems was starting to late and then taking to much time between rounds. If any of you guys run indoors you allready know that John has been doing a great job running things on time and not doing a lot of waiting. The late start and big delays was the biggest complaints last year. The guys from Kalamazoo said they would come more often if they could get home sooner. I would like to see the first round go off at 1:00 and stick to 3 minute between rounds. What do the rest of you guys think.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dave Walton said:
Since we have a couple months before we can get out there I would like to throw out a couple problems from last year and mybe we can have it allready to go when its time.One of the problems was starting to late and then taking to much time between rounds. If any of you guys run indoors you allready know that John has been doing a great job running things on time and not doing a lot of waiting. The late start and big delays was the biggest complaints last year. The guys from Kalamazoo said they would come more often if they could get home sooner. I would like to see the first round go off at 1:00 and stick to 3 minute between rounds. What do the rest of you guys think.

Dave I couldn't agree with you more!! I say we start at 1:00pm sharp, and use the 3 minutes between rounds rule. We can start out the first week with 5 minutes between rounds, and then after a couple of weeks change to 4 minutes until everybody gets accustomed to the procedure before we go to three. Don't you agree?? (don't forget I drive almost as far as anybody does, so getting out early would be awesome!)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
399 Posts
John you have done a great job this winter with this problem. All we need to do is carry it over to the summer program. If we have a small turn out on a certian day and we choose to stay around and BS atleast it is at our own choice. Lets here from some of the rest of you guys.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,729 Posts
That sounds like a plan.I do remember the guys from r&l saying that about leavin early.I dont mind it much cuz I live so close but for the guys that have a drive and the guys that work 2nd shift will like the tighter running race.I think the time think was the ONLY complant I herd of last year.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I read on the www.glrcwoor.com thread that Chad has plans to remove all the grass areas from the track, and put down a new mixture of dirt so that track layout changes can easily be made without moving the actual racing surface. Only the lane dividers will have to be moved. He's also decided on a different substance that won't "rut" like the material we used last season.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,636 Posts
Is any going over to that Dirt Burner race on Sunday Feb 22 for indoor nitro racing? I called the place racing starts at noon and it costs 15 for 1/10th truck, 20 for 1/8th buggy, and 20 for Monster trucks. If any one whats to go we could meet somewhere and travel over together. :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
228 Posts
Off road is cool but that is why, I guess this is why this was started, maybee we should start a new 2004 onroad thread and go from there, and i suppose that the first step is to find a place where on road is going to call home?

later
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,039 Posts
Sooooo, word around the beer keg is that there could be a dirt oval track to go along with the new, bigger, and easier to change off-road track.
Is this true, and if so what classes would be ran, how big would the track be, what kind of surface would it be (hardpacked clay would be ideal for dirt oval). and the big question is who is interested in running? I have a 1/10th electric direct drive full caged sprint car and late model car collecting dust right now.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,137 Posts
John Warner said:
Dave I couldn't agree with you more!! I say we start at 1:00pm sharp, and use the 3 minutes between rounds rule. We can start out the first week with 5 minutes between rounds, and then after a couple of weeks change to 4 minutes until everybody gets accustomed to the procedure before we go to three. Don't you agree?? (don't forget I drive almost as far as anybody does, so getting out early would be awesome!)
and john that means that you get there on time and not late if you are then you should have to pay for all of us :jest:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,716 Posts
crashmaster said:
and john that means that you get there on time and not late if you are then you should have to pay for all of us :jest:


That works for me thats one way for me to save some coin :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,716 Posts
bustedparts said:
I have to buy a nitro car again.What should I buy??? :confused: What are you guys running?

Hey Rich what up dude, Im planing on getting the newly released ofna hyper7 PCR edition its very reasonably priced and it comes with everything ya need and it s pretty sweet.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,729 Posts
Well I though about it and (do you rember the hyper 8 port race motor I had last year?) I herd that the starter boxes are very weak but the buggy is pretty nice.I would but it and gut it.I would like a mbx5 but that's to much bling for me :dude: .I have been thinking about the gs storm unlimited truck.But there wasnt much of that class last year.I am going to be buying a nice motor,not sure on a os or a rb.They are close in price but you can get parts for the one alot faster.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,634 Posts
bustedparts said:
Well I though about it and (do you rember the hyper 8 port race motor I had last year?) I herd that the starter boxes are very weak but the buggy is pretty nice.I would but it and gut it.I would like a mbx5 but that's to much bling for me. I have been thinking about the gs storm unlimited truck.But there wasnt much of that class last year.I am going to be buying a nice motor,not sure on a os or a rb.They are close in price but you can get parts for the one alot faster.
Rich,
If you want to be able to have parts cheap and fast for the car too, I will then recommand you buy an OFNA. There is plenty of parts NIB on ebay for cheap... I think cooter's choice is clever. :thumbsup:

I personnaly went to Kyosho, because that's a car I wanted since 10 years (Well, I'm from Europe, and over there that's the car of your dream, or at least mine :tongue: ...).
I'm sure the Mugen MBX5 is a great car too. Dave Walton just got one... We'll see how he's doing with it this coming season.

I will say whatever car you get, you can do great and have a lot of fun... Again, the Hyper 7 pbs looks nice, and it's loaded... Can't beat that price. Now, if you have 600+ to buy a new Kyosho or Mugen, well go for it...

I hope we will have a lot of fun and competition this coming year. So get them ready guys and see you soon for some big air action...

FYI, I'm waiting for my piston and sleeve for my OS to show up in my mailbox, and then I think my car is ready to rip after that. We'll see...
It's gonna be fun for sure. :thumbsup:

So let's see who is in for the 8th scale class :

Chad (of course...)
Mike Champ
Dave Walton
Cooter (aka Tim)
Noland
Rich
Jason Swint
Cliff ?
Josh ? (Are you still alive man?)
...
Please complete if you plan to race at WOOR...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,716 Posts
Hey Mike the hyper 7 pbs is the pcr it just has the addition of both servos lay down for a lower c/g and the throttle/break uses a bellcrank to get the job done
 
1 - 20 of 2816 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top