Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
were did all the muscle machines go haven't seen any in a while?Last ones i saw were at tj maxx,and dollar tree before that now nothing anywhere

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
The main MM line went out of business, so there are no new MM in the pipeline (except maybe NASCAR stuff). As they get bought up don't expect to see any more.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Its a cryin' shame, too. In my opinion that would be a great deal for some group to buy up the molds and rerelease them, even if under a different name and brand. Muscle Machines were way too unique and way too cool to let die so soon. I've seen lots more of Rohan's work on his website, so there's lots of cars MM never got around to yet. Pity to end so soon.

·
340 with 727 Tourqeflight
2,928 Posts
I never was a huge fan of them. Don't like the blower-coming-out-of-the-hood look. But lots of people did. Guess that's why M2 is releasing a similar line.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
But lots of people did. Guess that's why M2 is releasing a similar line.
Obviously not enough people did otherwise they would not have gone out of business. I don't think the M2 stuff is going to go anywhere. Saw the pictures posted on the Diecast board and it's just not the same. Not nearly as cool.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I never was a huge fan of them. Don't like the blower-coming-out-of-the-hood look. But lots of people did. Guess that's why M2 is releasing a similar line.
I haven't seen the M2's. Matchbox probably started the whole look with the Cosmic Blues / Red Ryder cartoon chargers, and I like them too. HW got on board in 2004 I think, that year they did 100 first editions, most of which were junk. But some of those I kinda liked in the same way I like MM. The mustang, camaro, 40 ford truck and a few others I'm not thinking of right now. Ah, the Daytona Charger! And JL got on board with the Zingers. So as far as I am concerned the big three (HW, JL, and MB) all did have similar castings that came along the same time or later, except MB.

The whole cartoonish look goes back to a set of trading cards and stickers you could buy with bubble gum called Odd Rods back in the early '70's. It is an acquired taste, not everyone likes it, but a lot do.

And I think the most serious problem was distribution. People can't buy them if they can't find them. Mess up your distribution, and you're headed to close your operations. That's just business.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I discovered them late in the game. Only five-packs were available and I bought several. The MMs grow on you; I like 'em. I think of them as nostalgic three-dimensional caricatures, per Roth, et al. If you position them with their front ends elevated the resemblance becomes clear.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I discovered them late in the game. Only five-packs were available and I bought several. The MMs grow on you; I like 'em. I think of them as nostalgic three-dimensional caricatures, per Roth, et al. If you position them with their front ends elevated the resemblance becomes clear.
Absolutely!

If you are interested, I have quite a few extras (mostly singles on card) I picked up along the way to sell or trade. Give me an idea of what interests you, and I'll look to see if we can work a deal.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Its a cryin' shame, too. In my opinion that would be a great deal for some group to buy up the molds and rerelease them, even if under a different name and brand. Muscle Machines were way too unique and way too cool to let die so soon. I've seen lots more of Rohan's work on his website, so there's lots of cars MM never got around to yet. Pity to end so soon.
Funline was having wayyyyyyyyyyy too many problems back in 2002-03 in Marketing what they had made and that is why they went in the position they fell in which was Bankruptcy. After 2004 when Funline finalized Bankruptcy and sold out that is where MM's went really down hill with other Corps who thought they could pull off the impossibles and they too fell straight down on their faces. I hate to say this but MM's are jinxed and doomed for anybody else to bother with them....Sean at Castline M2's who was part of the MM era back in the day is trying to make them again and is falling on his face " again ".... Sean just needs to let them go and rest for ever. I own the first 3 years of MM and their after I gave up on them before they parted ways with economy. Todays MM's are no where near the Original 2000 FEP Cars IMHO. I personally love the First Edition Production Cars and the 911's Cars as well as the Military Cars - - - their after all the rest of the Cars went down hill.

Nascar Action and MA had no clue on how to keep them alive....

MA lost the Walmart Contract and they spiraled their after in finding a Corp who would sign. Target was next then they too let em go and then Kmart bought what was left then they alllllllllllllllllllll finally went to Dollar Tree to be off loaded for a buck.

R. I. P. MM's

·
Registered
674 Posts
Funline was having wayyyyyyyyyyy too many problems back in 2002-03 in Marketing what they had made and that is why they went in the position they fell in which was Bankruptcy. After 2004 when Funline finalized Bankruptcy and sold out that is where MM's went really down hill with other Corps who thought they could pull off the impossibles and they too fell straight down on their faces. I hate to say this but MM's are jinxed and doomed for anybody else to bother with them....Sean at Castline M2's who was part of the MM era back in the day is trying to make them again and is falling on his face " again ".... Sean just needs to let them go and rest for ever. I own the first 3 years of MM and their after I gave up on them before they parted ways with economy. Todays MM's are no where near the Original 2000 FEP Cars IMHO. I personally love the First Edition Production Cars and the 911's Cars as well as the Military Cars - - - their after all the rest of the Cars went down hill.

Nascar Action and MA had no clue on how to keep them alive....

MA lost the Walmart Contract and they spiraled their after in finding a Corp who would sign. Target was next then they too let em go and then Kmart bought what was left then they alllllllllllllllllllll finally went to Dollar Tree to be off loaded for a buck.

R. I. P. MM's
Thanks. I didn't know the details, but I suspected about as much.

Sadly that's a truth about business and why so many new ventures fail. So many great ideas get started and then balloon so fast that they can't manage the results. Distibution is a crucial part of the "value chain." When it comes to diecast startups, I think a lot of them stub their toes on the distribution problem. JL is dealing with that issue even still. MM seemed to have a great front end...but they blew it at the rear end, and it cost them the company. If anybody ever got around to resolving the distribution problem, the rest is already there...

BTW, pleased to meet you!

·
Registered
319 Posts
That's what you get with
dealing with the "big boxes"
you'll get the numbers,
then they put the screws
to ya by dropping ya,
etc. etc. & on and on....

Assortments, peg warmers
are peg CLOGGERS!!!
kills ya all the time,
offer 'em for the boxes
single-paks for the
independents

·
Banned
609 Posts
Muscle Machines

TA Truckstop in Toomsuba, Mississippi has a whole shelf of 1/24 mm,s. They also have Military Muscle and Police Muscle. Price is $24.99,(ouch). Lil pricey for me tho!! By the way Toomsuba Ms is 6 miles east of Meridian, Ms on I-20, AND I-59. Just an fyi!!:thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts