Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Multiple Fest Camaros at LightningFest? Just wondering, especially since I've notice a couple 'folks' have auctioned several on Ebay, and have several more listed. Like 'elvis-presley-1935-1977', they've auctioned 5 of them in the past few days and one currently listed. And there's 'copo409_z11', who had 4 sold and has 4 more listed. How are these guys getting all those cars? What happened to 2 cars per person? Unless they had friends along to get some for them, there was a big violation of the 2-per-person limit.

The first two Fest cars had some left over for JL members who couldn't get to Fest, some did get to Ebay (did any sellers have a large number on sale there?). Now these Camaros are all gone? A chance at leftover fest cars was/is one of the reasons many have joined the JL club. Hopefully this was a glitch in the system and next year, and dealers won't have access to these cars.

·
Silent but Deadly
4,359 Posts
I got 4 because I had my wife with me.(2 each) Tom Lowe was standing there making sure each person only got two per visit. I also had to pay for them separately, giving my wife the money for the extra two, on a different tally paper.

I would imagine that folks simply went to their car, dropped off the stuff they had, and then went back in for more, dealers and regular collectors alike.

I have wondered if there were any left over like previous years. They sometimes suddenly appeared on the Club Member's E-Store for sale at the same price they were going for at the WS, but with the big changeover to RC, I don't know if they'll do that. There are a lot of problems with ordering from them now, me included.

G

·
Dealers wer e allowed 6 at the pre-fest sale done by mail 3 weeks before Fest. Everyone who came to Fest was limited to 2......... at a time. You could buy 2, put them in your car and buy 2 more and put them in your car and buy 2 more.. well, you get the idea. This is the same way it has been done every year that they have had the warehouse sale, nothing new here. Also, the extras (if there are any) didn't show up last year intil about a month after Fest.

Hope this helped

Rob

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Perhaps You're Right............

It could be a coincidence :confused: .... and some extras may pop up.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
From what I understand the Fest Camaro's sold out at the show.....no extras left over. I'm hoping that my friend was able to score one for me...... :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts