Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so i went to WalMart just now, and there were a TON of cars.
There was the usual rack, that was filled to the top.
I estimate 15 cars per peg, and there are roughly 20 pegs for that part, which gives us 300 cars.

Then, there was one of those, what i call "Full Body Racks', the ones that go from the floor to your head, which have maybe... 60 pegs (5 across 12 down)? those were completely full to. that equates to 900 cars.

So total, there might have been 1200 cars....

NOTHING NEW!!
It was all the same Early 07 junk, and ALOT of it.

There were NO Thunts.
The only good thing i found, that i bought , was 1 Mystery Car.

and of course that was a What 4-2.

oye...

I sincerely expected to find a Thunt in all that madness.
but nope, i didn't see one.

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
I feel your pain, one store here had less than 5 cars hanging since Xmas. The pegs were filled on Tuesday morning, didn't buy one car! Assortment was a couple months old, and no THs or interesting variations.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Plenty for Mattel´s biggest customers, the children :thumbsup:
But its the collectors who have a big influence on kids, and hopefully the t-hunt policy will lead to more real riders hunts in the hands of collectors - 2006 was a bigger year than ever before for variations, so HW is doing plenty for serious collectors,while making it harder for store workers and scalpers to earn a buck :wave:

·
senile old cajun
1,276 Posts
just got back from wallys and didnt find anything new.did see a couple ultra hots that someone took the cars out of and glued them back together.ttfn johnny :cool:

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Hey Analog - I bet you can guess how many hunts were in it -and be right :tongue:
Probably zero,because the stockers and scalpers have been there first - But maybe some cool variations...........

·
Registered
793 Posts
My Wal-mart has a dump bin and when I first found it all the cars were in nice neat rows stacked up like they came strait from the case.The only thing I bought was a couple of the dirt bikes and the only 2 mystery cars I saw that were on the top of the stacks. Did see one opened at the pegs so there was more at one time and maybe even a t-hunt.Problem with that store is theres a guy from out of town that gets told by the toy manager whenever new cases arrive and he gets there when the toy managers putting them out and buys all the HTF cars.He then posts pics on HWC.com of what he got and what doesnt sell on e-bay he RAOK's the rest to friends.
He's big into the North vs South RAOK thing at HWC.com so nobody there complains about how much he bought. It just makes it hard on us locals to find anything really desireable or HTF. Especially when this guy hits every store within a 75 mile radius of me.Thanks a lot ToadFrog. :(
Sorry, Had to vent.

·
Registered
232 Posts
SMS88 said:
Hey Analog - I bet you can guess how many hunts were in it -and be right :tongue:
Probably zero,because the stockers and scalpers have been there first - But maybe some cool variations...........
Your are correct. I did some serious digging, and nothing....

Aside from that, the cards get trashed when they do this.

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
CTWLSMIKE said:
I feel your pain, one store here had less than 5 cars hanging since Xmas. The pegs were filled on Tuesday morning, didn't buy one car! Assortment was a couple months old, and no THs or interesting variations.
Just not my month. First that store I posted above on gets older cars, then the one near my house finally gets a few cases, and they were Corvette TH cases, 2006 #10 Corvette that is. And I didn't get the two that were found, or the 3 Ghias not that I needed them. Left a rack full of cars. Oh well, I always feel better seeing full pegs but it still is a bummer that none of the cases were newer assortments. Oh well, maybe in another 6 or 7 months we'll get some '07 assortments. :freak:

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I went on a midnight run to wally world on last Wednesday and found 10 mystery cars that I have yet to open up. Also picked up the 68 Mustang and Shelby Cobra.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts