Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My newest additions, a blend of history and current technology in this offering.

First, from IXO comes the Renault Alpine A442B (chasse #a442/3). This long tailed, turbo V6 took Didier Pironit and Jean-Pierre Jaussaud to the overall win at the 1978 Le Mans classic.

One of 4 cars entered that year in an attempt to defeat the dominating Porsche’s, this is the only one of the cars (or any A442 or A443) to compete with the unique bubble windscreen. Drivers complained that it made visibility extremely difficult and the cockpit temperatures overbearing...the winning drivers found it also picked up about 5 miles an hour on the long Mulsanne Straight. The results speak for themself!

Truly a great example of modeling by IXO, they captured the flowing lines beautiful.

Next is a striking example of a new generation P1 prototype. Also made by IXO, this replicates the Courage-Oreca LC70 E #N10 as raced in the 2008 24Hours of Le Mans. The V10 Judd powered Olivier Panis (F) Marcel Fässler (CH) and Simon Pagenaud (F) to a disappointing 44th place finish due to a crash.

Besides the bold colored livery, this car caught my attention, as Oreca brought a AIM powered 01 to Road Atlanta this year for the Petit Me Mans. Driven to a 5th place finish (the highest finishing petrel car). The post card shows Olivier Panis (on the left) who was one of the drivers I meet this year. He drove the car my model was based on as well.

Sorry for all the pics, I just fell in love with this car!

Thanks for looking, I love sharing my toys with you guys!

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
The title of the thread was incomplete on the thread index. I thought it might read "I went to Petit LeMans and...learned how to swim." I've been to some gulley washers at Road Atlanta but never seen but one red flagged. Did they finally get it run? What time was it over?

Those are neat! I've been wishing HWs or MB might come out with some of the PLM protos. You know the old saying about wishing and hands.

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, they called it red about 4.5 hours and 480 or so miles. The called it done at 7:45 PM and never went green again.

Were you there this year? The rain coming down was not a big problem, it was the track flooding! With the historic rain fall of the week before the water just had no where to drain.

It was hard for me to capture how hard it did rain at times, but here are a few trys!

My favorite pic...the very last lap of the race! This is the last time the cars came by, it was red flagged and they hit pit road, so this is truly the finish photo. They never crossed the starting line again!

The last two were snapped with my little pocket camers, it was raining far to hard by this point to keep my real body out in the weather! Notice the P1 scoring lights...cool hu?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Great pictures and information Stang.
Looking at the picture of the car that ran off the track making that
turn reminds me of doing the same thing playing Forza Motorsport 2
LOL

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL! I have a whole collection of those shots from Saturday! By the time they threw the red, it looked like a field turned for planting!

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL! I just read on another thread (board) why I liked the Courage-Oreca LC70 #6 so much....THE PARTRIDGE FAMILY! I never put two and two together on my on!

I can hear the music now....

"Hello world, here's a song that we're singin', Come on, get happy"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts