Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had some running to do today, and my wife was feelng better than usual, so she decided she wanted to go to her favorite restaurant for lunch. So I printed a coupon for Hobby Lobby, since they are in the same town. Later she says "And if you want to stop by Hobby Lobby while we are there...":)

I went to see about getting an M2 Machines car. I know they have the apache 4x4, among other items, but I also know they have a couple of Maisto haulers, too...

I could only get one thing, so I had to choose between the Apache, the green COE truck, and the Hemi Cuda auto lift pack. They also had two haulers (both of which are on my list, the one with the blue vette, and the one with the 71 Camaro), and a really neat Model T Coca Cola delivery truck. Decisions, decisions...

I decided on this:

But I didn't use the coupon on it (paying $4 more than Wal-mart, but Wal-mart doesn't have this model). Because we went around the end of the aisle to see what's new in the modeling section. I still have a batmobile to help my son build, and I'm hoping to snag a testors 1/4 scale working hemi engine model...no luck yet. I used my coupon on this:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Both are very nice. I like the Ecto-1A! I haven't stumbled across that one yet. Still have the first one on the Model table to build...

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm glad I did stumble across it, but it wasn't the goal of the trip. I really expected to find the same old stuff all over again. To top it off, it was my wife's idea to go ahead and pick it up.

·
Banned
565 Posts
But I didn't use the coupon on it (paying $4 more than Wal-mart, but Wal-mart doesn't have this model). Because we went around the end of the aisle to see what's new in the modeling section. I still have a batmobile to help my son build, and I'm hoping to snag a testors 1/4 scale working hemi engine model...no luck yet.
If your ever in these areas below check out the Ollies they have models, fairly cheap, they don't have batman or ghostbusters but they have some models, they had the Dodge, and Ford models (I don't remember what scale they were), they had navy ships (I don't remember the scale but they were huge), harley davidson model kits, and around Christmas you may find some diecast. A few months back they had a bunch of testors stuff there, which I am sorry I did not pick up, they had testors models, paints, etc. A few years ago I found The Maisto Enamelized Graffiti trains for $2.99. You never know what you will find in an Ollies that is for sure.

Louisville, KY 502-935-6868 174 Miles from Herrin, IL
Florence, KY 859-746-1900 251 Miles from Herrin, IL

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, that's a bit far for me, but I do once in a while get down in that direction. I'll certainly keep it in mind. My biggest problems with getting the engine kit is that it 1) has to have the sound chip and 2) I can't afford $150. The bids on those things on Ebay very quickly move out of reach.

·
Banned
565 Posts
Yeah, that's a bit far for me, but I do once in a while get down in that direction. I'll certainly keep it in mind. My biggest problems with getting the engine kit is that it 1) has to have the sound chip and 2) I can't afford $150. The bids on those things on Ebay very quickly move out of reach.
If I find the dodge I will keep an eye out... I love the challenge to look for something and try and find it at a bargain so if I find one pretty cheap I will pick it up and let ya know. :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts