Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this one a few years ago at a flea market. I have a soft spot for Montes to begin with so I could not pass this one up. It sits alittle too high but I still like it just the same. One of these days I would like to get the 1/18 Ertl Authentics version. It has alittle more detail and I believe it also has a better stock ground clearance appearance. Of course its not a bad representation of the car considering for what I paid for it which was not much.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I think it looks about right. Considering I am around a bunch of the real ones all the time!

I don't dig the "donk" look though. It reminds me when you put new springs in a car and they have not settled at all yet.

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
I found this one a few years ago at a flea market. I have a soft spot for Montes to begin with so I could not pass this one up. It sits alittle too high but I still like it just the same.

The proportions of the model look pretty good to me. Firehawk is right - it sits a bit high.

Nice find, Firehawk - that's a pretty car. :thumbsup: I have a soft spot for Montes, too...

:wave:

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
I stand corrected. I haven't seen one in a while and it seemed shorter. The pic proves it is bang on.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

The proportions of the model look pretty good to me. Firehawk is right - it sits a bit high.

Nice find, Firehawk - that's a pretty car. :thumbsup: I have a soft spot for Montes, too...

:wave:
Thats a great comparison shot! Thank You!

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
[/QUOTE]

Boy!!! talk about Great Stance!......I love this Monty!.....I had one in Black by Ertl and I sold it for $90....Just so I can pull the money together So I could buy the GMP 1965 Chevy Corvette 396 in blue....I don't regret it, but I know sometime down the road this car will come back in even greater details so I'll wait for that to happen.....But Buddy! hold on to this Gem its a Beauty!.....:thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts