Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had another friend at work tonight wanting to bring me a car to do something with. He wanted a junkyard car... or whatever I want to do with it? He isnt sure what it is (he isnt a car guy) but his son has an old Hot Wheel that looks like the Datson I showed him. I'll find out tomorrow. I let him know it may take some time. I still consider myself a beginner, but it kind of feels good when friends bring me a donor to build for them. I'm not trying to toot my own horn or anything, but tonight made me feel better about what I'm doing. As for my friends son... I want to do that one up right! I have made a lot of little kids happy just giving them a blistered car, but this is different. I may add a truck and a trailer. If he plays with it and tears it up, thats what its for.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
That's a great thing you're doing. Depending on how old his son is how much he'll appreciate the personal touch but I'm sure it will go a long way with his dad.

And you're a long way from being a beginner. ;)

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Bob, I always enjoy seeing your work. Like the others, I don't consider you a "Beginner". Everybody has to start someplace, but you're past that. I think it's a great compliment that somebody recognizes your talent and wants you to make something special for them. Keep up the good work and please make sure you show us the end results.

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks guys. That means a lot. I was going to post a pic of the donor, as well as redo the photobucket size thing, but my buddy didnt show up for work tonight. Maybe he will bring it in tomorrow.

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
you have come along ways bob. and like thay said i dont cosider you a beginner. you have stepped your game up and have learned well grasshopper.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts