Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an hour to kill this morning, in a very non-diecast part of town. The only nearby place to visit was a small, newer Target that stocks a few diecast cars, but has never stocked JLs. As usual, there was nothing I wanted in the tiny, quarter aisle diecast department, but I thought I would check out the "Clearance" end caps anyway, since you never know what you might find there. When I turned the corner, I saw an orange color out of the corner of my eye, and there on a peg behind some discounted Fast & Furious 1/64s, I found these three dusty stragglers for $0.26 each. I had to buy them, of course; they're MOMC! With a copyright date of 1999, they seem to be about two years older than the Target store in which I found them. How the heck did they get there?

Did anyone ever see these in a Target store when they were first released?

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
SkipperC said:
Super find :thumbsup: And great colors, too. I don't think I've ever seen the Cobra in orange in this series before and I've only seen one other purple '57..... :wave:
Thanks all! I knew that I didn't have these colors yet. I searched Wyatt's site, and found that the Cobra is from Red Card Rel#3 and that the Willys & Chevy are from Rel #2.

Unfortunately, the stripe on the front of the Cobra is a little odd:

Still love it though; I might have to de-tampo that stripe off if I ever set it free... ;)

(pic borrowed from www.jlcollector.com)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts