Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 843 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bring what you run. The Inaugural Race is going down soon. No Dates yet but Here it is. No signage up yet but the boys just finished paving and things are looking good.

I will be posting pictures of what I run so come in and look around. Want to race? Bring your rides and see whats she got!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The Shop will be going under construction any day now. I think they will be moving in to the end of the lower shelf to the right side.

I think I will give these 2 a run for the 1st blast.

The 55 is Pro Prepped and the Buick is a street car. So no big surprises coming. Or not?lol

Attachments

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Hot up them tires with some HO scale bleach in the staging area! :):)
That's gonna be lots of fun and I can see it's gettin' ready to run!! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, your all welcome to come do some passes if your ever around this neck.

Here is the temp shop the fellas set up. I am noy sure if i'm digging it that much.

This guy in the GS has some work to do and he don't care where he works on it!!!

Even though we aren't officially open, I was able to do a few warm up passes to see how the track grip was. These 2 liked the track set up. The Mopar kept getting the Goat at the end of the strip!!!

The GTO is Gorgous!!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok so in Slotto's thread Mr Hilltop shows a great tip to extend any tjet pretty easily!!! I hope anyways but here are a few I would die to get mounted!!!

Attachments

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
I would almost say do them like they do the Munster's cars. Slim lines and use the die cast front end. If I was a bit braver I that's the approach I would use.

·
Premium Member
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would almost say do them like they do the Munster's cars. Slim lines and use the die cast front end. If I was a bit braver I that's the approach I would use.

Haha I was chopping up a slimmy a little while age and it's more difficult than I expected. I have to get the guys with the welders to help a bit.

And I can't stop running!!!! I just sent a few in to get worked on over night so tomorrow is another day.

I was having a blast tonite with alot of cars but these 2 inparticular were an absolute blast!!! Ahhh can you say Vintage:woohoo:

The flame car is an absolute 10 and the other is a 6 but I run em all.

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
hey joe what part of jersey are you from ? i live in westchester near york town,let me know i would try to give ya a run for the money,ha ha

·
Registered
136 Posts
Ok Joe, You just set a date I'll do the drive and drag my buddy Super Coupe down to your track with me.

Oh Yea I like your shop setup also.

Dave

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
It's hard to get the courage up to cut a chassis the first few times. I butcher them without a second thought now... well, ok maybe with a second thought... but no third thoughts! :lol: I've only had 2 slimmies and cut one of them for this...

Looking back, I would have done it differently, but cutting the chassis would have still been required. This is a Maisto body, they sell 'em at Wally World, and the only one I've seen at mine anyway. They pop up on the bay once in a while, and rarely top 2 bux. Most of the cars they put out are modern blobs, this one being the oddball of their production line. It is a die cast, but is very light weight.

Another case of "I wish I was closer", Joe, I'm not much of a racer, but wouldn't mind hanging out in the tree house!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Part Time Painter/Racer
8,674 Posts
Looking very creative with the shop Joe, lots of room there. Also glad to see Sky High Raceway open!!! You got an exhuast fan for the burnout smoke??? :p:p RM

·
Crazed Painter
7,230 Posts
Drag on...

The picture of your GS with the primer and putty work...Great!

Love the work in progress type of cars just as much as the finished up ones.

Reminds me of High School as we were always fixing up our cars. Those were the days.

Bob...looks like you are having fun on your Dragstrip...zilla

·
Premium Member
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys. We also have 2 road coarses for you road guys. 2 4 by 16's, one Tomy 4 lane and the Wizzard 4 lane.

My zip is 08879 guys so check it out and see you guys at some point or another!!

Hey RM no exhaust fan cause I kinda like the fumes!lol:freak:

Dave you guys are welcome. As soon as we have the Grand Opening I will post the date!!

Uh bob, when do you ever stop fixing em up? They're never good enough!!!!

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Teach... your children well. Next gen Skylark fans.

My slot-kids are fans of your '70 GS. They loved this one, too, and it's white paint was far from perfect.

Dig the NJ inspection sticker on the windshield. (That's South Jersey, though. Might as well be a different state, right?)

·
Premium Member
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Yes sir I did pick one up:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Teach... your children well. Next gen Skylark fans.

My slot-kids are fans of your '70 GS. It's white paint was far from perfect.

Dig the NJ inspection sticker on the windshield. (That's South Jersey, though. Might as well be a different state, right?)

Gorgous car rolls!!!!!!:dude:

·
Premium Member
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Update from the Track Officials today:

Due to a bad batch of asphalt, the paving company has been fired and a stop payment on his check has been implemented. Really bad job on this track. Looks like a San Fran street with all the hills and bumps.

Next paving crew is due next week. We need a flat surface!!!

On to the next issue, the power company has been called. The supply is no where near it needs to be to power the entire property, so I will have to get on the power company asap!!!

1 - 20 of 843 Posts