Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Duke Dave of Sealand
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone...

I recieved a couple of bulk lots to-day that I bought off epay and I can not identify two of the cars...

One is a Galloway 240z only mark is inside the body and it only says Datsun..I'd venture to say its a Tyco but the Chasis doesn't list as one of thiers ( on Steves ID site.) It looks kinda like a cross between a Gplus and a hp2 if that helps..

Second is a low rider Corvette in transparent purple the chassis is clear! bigger then norm pickup shoes for either brands not a lifelike anyone?

Dave :freak:

·
Duke Dave of Sealand
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mystery chassis

Ok hope this works...

·
Duke Dave of Sealand
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
luke the duke said:
first two look like a old amrak to me

Yes it is a a Amrak finally found it...but thanks

Dave

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
the clear chassis is a marchon. marchon MR-1 chassis are very similar to Artin HO chassis, makes me wonder if Artin originally manufactured Marchons, or Artin bought the MR-1 tooling when marchon disappeared

mike

·
Duke Dave of Sealand
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys.. so basiclly they are old junk lOL.. and I can give them to my 8 year old...

Dave

·
Duke Dave of Sealand
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys.. so basiclly they are old junk lOL.. and I can give them to my 8 year old...

Dave

·
Duke Dave of Sealand
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sorry about that.. I do tend to repeat myself...

Dave

·
Registered
956 Posts
Actually The datsun amrak body will fit all Life like chassis made to this day, and is a very good body for racing. At one time, that one in particular would bring $50.00 . I don't think it's worth as much now but you never know.

·
Duke Dave of Sealand
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Piz said:
Actually The datsun amrak body will fit all Life like chassis made to this day, and is a very good body for racing. At one time, that one in particular would bring $50.00 . I don't think it's worth as much now but you never know.

Oh Don't say that I actually was driving the hell out of it earlier..lol..I never drove a a Amrak before it is a nice fast little car..

Dave

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
coach61 said:
Oh Don't say that I actually was driving the hell out of it earlier..lol..I never drove a a Amrak before it is a nice fast little car..

Dave
heh. I did that when I first got back into the hobby a few years ago. I found a box of slot stuff at a yard sale... I let my 4-year-old drive around the Aurora gray Corvette before I found out what it was worth... :rolleyes:

--rick

·
Banned
2,472 Posts
mking said:
the clear chassis is a marchon. marchon MR-1 chassis are very similar to Artin HO chassis, makes me wonder if Artin originally manufactured Marchons, or Artin bought the MR-1 tooling when marchon disappeared

mike
Marchon is owned by Hornby. The Artins are based quite closely on Tycos as you can see from this Tyco-Artin hybrid:

·
Banned
2,472 Posts
coach61 said:
sorry about that.. I do tend to repeat myself...

Dave
Neither the Artin or Marchon designs are junk. Swap in a 'red' can motor from a Tomy turbo, put on some silicone tyres - and stand well back.

dean

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Amrac

Amrac bought the Cox HO car line. Then Rokar purchased the Amrac chassis and redesigned it to be the M5 car. Next LifeLike bought Rokar.

·
Banned
2,472 Posts
This is the newest chassis, the T chassis, on which that Datsun will fit direct.

Use the 18T gear from the ProTracker M and watch that thing fly!!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I've been seeing a large amount of variation in those Life-Like T chassis. The earlier ones seemed to have stronger traction magnets but poor gear mesh and wheel trueness. The newer ones seem somewhat better built but the traction magnets are weaker, sometimes much, much weaker. I'm not a fan of the T, but I do like the Rokar M5 and Life-Like M chassis quite a lot. I like the older Rokar style Life-Like bodies and the newer Ford Taurus and one generation back Monte Carlo. The Life-Like Porche 911 is also an excellent lightweight body and I buy every one I find hanging on a peg.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts