Cross= loose enough to be fast with spinning
Front= enough to turn
left side= read the qsac rules

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it's not like I won't figure it out. :D

I was just wanting to confirm some observations that I have made over the last couple of races.

I read them. Has it ever been checked? I did not see a 4scale setup at the NCS race in order for them to check the left side split.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I can tell you that your crossweight percentages will be fairly close to that of your left side weight percentage. If you find ways to add more left side weight, you will most likely end up adding crossweight. The problem with quarterscales is that with our flywheel hanging over the right side, we are lucky to get anywhere near %50 left. With a decently balanced car, your crossweight should be around that same number. I hope that helps and makes sense?

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
Scott, sorry it took so long. I had to search for my book.

I would like to thank Mike Clark for the use of his scales!:thumbsup:

WHEEL WEIGHTS
Left Front [6.662]
Right Front [9.126]
Left Rear [8.95]
Right Rear [7.125]

PERCENT BIASES
Total Weight [31.825]
Left Bias (%) [48.94]
Rear Bias (%) [50.51]
Wedge (%) [56.79]

I'm pretty these were from my sporstman car since they indicate by the cross weight that I had a loose condition.

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tim, the Cross % does not look like that should be loose. But that really light LF will give you tons of trouble. That and the low LS %.

I can't wait to get back to town and start working on the car. Hopefully get to the track on the 2nd and do some testing. There are a lot of things I want to try on the car, just to see what they do. I am stubborn that way. I want to feel what the change does to the car, not just go by what "they" said.

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
That's what I meant... It had been adjusted for a loose condition. It was weighed without any adjustments after the preceeding race.

I would start neutral on the setup without preloading anything. Set the ride heights and go from there.:thumbsup:
Tim, the Cross % does not look like that should be loose. But that really light LF will give you tons of trouble. That and the low LS %.

·
Premium Member
4,139 Posts
Scott put those cross weights on your car and let her rip I can't tell you mine cause you might like it so I guess I am gona have to pass on that info

·
Premium Member
2,082 Posts
If it ain't freezing or raining I'll have my scales down there on the 2nd.
You can get a base line and work from there. But you will be able to see any changes and that is what is great about these cars.

·
Premium Member
4,139 Posts
Your cross weights also very on what chassis you are running some like this the others like that the 3 different brands I have been around there was a lot difference between them

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
True... weighing the car a weekend after a race such as I did, only gives you a reference to the last setup change whether it was positive or negative. If you make a change at the track, then weigh it, you will be able to see the actual effect on weight distribution.:thumbsup:
If it ain't freezing or raining I'll have my scales down there on the 2nd.
You can get a base line and work from there. But you will be able to see any changes and that is what is great about these cars.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts