Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Besides the Custom Works Rocket Wedge, is there a dirt oval Late Model body on the market that has a wedge shape to the front for an outlaw class? Preferably around 190-200mm.

If not, you should make one, Gary.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm referring to something more like this...

I like the real sharp angles. Reminds me of the dirt bodies from the eighties I've seen.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
McAllister, Parma and the old BoLink and a couple of others made them. Closest you could come now is to create your own roll cage on one of the 2 piece bodies from Eldora, McAllister, WindTunnel. McAllister has a 2 piece 200mm LM body

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wasn't really interested in the "topless" aspect of it. I just want something that has a really long, wedge nose like that. As you mentioned, I'll probably have to make something like this myself. Shouldn't be too hard with some scrap lexan and a few rivets. Not sure how it would hold up at the track I race, though.

A friend bought a new Mustang Mcallister body a few weeks back and said it was probably the closest I'd come to what I'm looking for. The only problem is, I can't seem to find it on the website. Does anyone have a photo of this?

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
I believe Custom Works had, at one time, a body called the "Rocket Wedge". Years ago, Andy's also made one similar. I had a couple, because they were nearly identical to the asphalt Late Models my dad was running at the time (mid to late '80s).

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They still make the Rocket Wedge. It wouldn't fit on my car unless I cut it in half, though.

Gary, that's the one my friend was referring to. Why isn't it on your site? Also, I'm looking at fitting this on a TC4. Would this be too big for it? The Bluegrass body is the widest one I've used.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Doesn't seem like it would make that much of a difference. I'll probably hold off and wait until my friend finishes and mounts his to see how it looks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts