Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's our weather skycam in Hannibal. To the right of the map click on the arrow next to Skycam & choose Hannibal. Then it'll bring up a separate window. It shows the historic district downtown Hannibal. At the far end of the street there are lights going up a hill. That leads to the lighthouse. Over 200 steps to get there.
http://www.wgem.com/

I'd like to see what kind of weather other slot car fans are having. Post your links & let's see what's out there.

Later,
Fordcowboy

·
Slotcar Fanatic
13,013 Posts
Freezing our backsides off here in MD. Had a dusting of snow this AM, 2 inches, thermometer is sitting at 28 degrees right now. Love winter. After the 24 inches two weeks ago, this was nothing. ;) rr

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
Well up here in Washington state we had a little rain in the morning, mid 40s to dang near 50 degrees by the afternoon, and a little wind at night.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I moved to Florida 3 months ago, (Tampa bay area) tonite, the wind chill is supposed to be 8 degrees, hell, I could have stayed in Illinois for that.

·
Robot Elder
507 Posts
I moved back to Neb. almost 2 yrs ago..... This winter has been rough, 12" snow storms. .(a couple of times) major wind and Wind chill -20 something this week....
Why live here?? Well simple.. MY Butt is frozen to it so I can't move!! and here is why:

On the sixth day, God turned to the Archangel Gabriel and said:
'Today I am going to create a land called Nebraska. It will be a land
Of outstanding natural beauty. It shall have tall majestic landscapes
full of buffalo, tall grass, and hawks, beautiful skies, forests full of
Elk and deer, rich farmland and fair skinned people.'

God continued, 'I shall make the land rich in resources so as to make
the inhabitants prosper. I shall call these inhabitants, Cornhuskers,
and they shall be known as a most friendly people.'

'But Lord,' asked Gabriel, 'don't you think you are being too generous
To these Cornhuskers?'

'Not really,' replied God 'just wait and see the winters I am going to

give them.'

CJ

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
I moved to Florida 3 months ago, (Tampa bay area) tonite, the wind chill is supposed to be 8 degrees, hell, I could have stayed in Illinois for that.
Dang what's up with Fla ? Really though it was a tad colder here in ILLINOIS today with a -22 wind chill just outside of Chicago where i live LOL. Still looking forward to moving to a place like FLA myself in a year when wife can retire. Perhaps we can form a group ???

Bear :wave:

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
It was a pretty nice day for a change

It was so nice here in Washington state yesterday (51 degrees and no wind) I had to stop and take ashort walk by the water. Hope youse guys with the severe weather get a break from it soon.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Hey Bear,
Move to NC, better weather(well, not this week!) HO slot car racing, and really lousy drivers. When I first moved to NC from Illinois/Indiana in 1989 I saw bumper stickers that said, "We don't care how you did it up North." I wanted to get some printed to stick right below those that read, "Because we can't understand doing anything the right way."
It's the same no matter where you live in the U.S., each area has it's pros and cons.

Bob Weichbrodt
Rawafx
W-S, NC

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I just spent a week up near Redding, California and while it was cold and had some flurried was decent weather most of the time. Back here in the Fresno area today it's a little hazy and in the high 50's. You get above 5,500' in the mountains, above the haze and it's nice and sunny and 10 degrees warmer. I spent 6 hours ghilled up and in a snow suit and was sweating to death.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
WEll Yesterday Here in Colorado!!!! i grilled steaks on the BBQ and it was close to 60 degrees. No humidity no wind just one nice day. The down side I have to drive at least 100 miles to get into a slot race. Whether it's Ho or 1/24th. Listening to some old Beatles tunes and thinkin " While my Difalco gently weeps".:rolleyes:
Clyde-0-Mite

1 - 14 of 14 Posts