Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am new to this forum but found it very resourceful when searching through it. I have a Weadeater BV 2000 blower with a Type 3 25cc 2 cycle engine. I cannot get it to start. I went through the basics that I could think of: it has good spark, no apparant exhaust blockages, cylinder and piston look great through the exhaust port, the cylinder appears to be getting gas/oil mix. I bought a compression tester finally since I am always fiddling with engines and it only tested at 50 psi. I ran the test dry 3 times with 5 pulls of the rope. I am thinking a worn piston ring/ stuck ring. I have not pulled the cylinder off yet but what do you guys think?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just pulled the cylinder off and there is a couple of grooves on the exhaust side of the cylinder wall and the piston. They did seem deep. I cleaned the carbon off the top of the piston and put it all back together. I then oiled up the cylinder and did another compression test and got about 88 psi.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you think it is worth trying to hone down the cylinder and put new rings on? It looks like a new jug and piston kit would be about $40. I only paid $50 for it used.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK ... sounds like the blower will go on the shelf for a project down the road! Now to rebuild my chainsaw.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts