Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rosie just sold her tire error 10th Ann. Dinner Hurst for $750.00, & that puppie is now off to its new owner today..... :eek:
Can you believe it??? :D
"CRAZY" :tongue:

So, out of her 1 Dinner Hurst w/error tires & my regular 10th Dinner Hurst & 1 of our Dinner Cudas, we received a grand total of 1,100.00 for the 3.....still have 1 more Dinner Cuda to sell...Anyone interested in it? :cool:

That paid for our LF vacation & the WL's we bought while there in 2004...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
228 Posts
Just out of curiosity, was mac ragan part of JL some how? I know he authored that JL book a few years ago. (which i have, and read every time i go to the bathroom. it has such nice pictures.) :tongue:

Also, I know he is on this site too, I wonder if he ever thought of doing another book from where he left off until current?

·
Registered
228 Posts
OH. I never knew that. :thumbsup:

Cool.

It's like having a direct link to your customers since he posts on this board sometimes. Thats neat.

Nice to have a guy inside JL who really cares about collectors, because he was a collector, not a bean counter. Tom lowe was the same way i think.

Which brings me to another question, how come tom sold the company to begin with?

-nate

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Our 1 & Only Bonanza!

CTWLSMIKE said:
Congrats, I wouldn't count on a windfall like that ever again, you did extremely well.
Yeppers, we realize this & that's why we posted our 1 & only so called diecast $$$ bonanza...For we just be little collectors, & never get a chance to post high end finds/buys like alot of the "Big" boys/girls/collectors do on a daily bases... ;)

Thanks for looking, & letting us ride our high horse with this puppie... :D

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Puppycat said:
I was not aware that those were errors. I thought there were 3 produced with WL and 10th showing.
So, are ya saying that there were 3 cars like this 1 made on purpose??? :cool: We did not know this... :rolleyes:

·
Mustang Collector
4,091 Posts
There are some other members that know a bit more about this car than I do but I seem to remember seeing another with both tires on the bay a few months back. It also went for some scratch.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Wow !!! that car went for alot. Congrats. I have 1 and I am thinking there are 4 of them. There is Rose, midtown, me, and a member with Lightning in his name, Sorry , can't remember the members name. I had 2 of the Olds and let 1 go last year. I kept the one with mismatched tires. Mine is not signed though.

·
Mustang Collector
4,091 Posts
hoosier-lightning said:
If I remeber correctly one side of the car had 10th Anniversary and the other had WHITE LIGHTNING. Am I correct in this, anyone else remember this?
Yes you are but there were also some variations that were made.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
late reply...

sonicsgp1 said:
Still waiting for the reply on your collection of whites, did you sell them or?
Oops! So very sorry about that... ;)

We bought a pair of Auto Fest Dinner Tickets & reserved a sellers table in the hallway, & plan to sell our JL's, HW's & Misc. up there this year...:)

So, we're passing on the WL lot sale that we posted awhile back...Again, sorry for the wait....We had alot on our plate this past month with Rose's Mom passing away & all...:cry:

Rose & I will see ya'll at Autofest!! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
These cars had 10th Annv. tires on one side and White Lightning tires on the other side. This one just has one tire mixed up, If I remember right, there were a few like this. Nice sale!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts