Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have been looking at different sytems and have found a couple. I thought some others may find the info useful.

The first one is I-Lap www.rclapcounter.com . It is a nice system but a little too limited for what we want.

The next one is by the guys the write the Laps Free Timing software. www.rctiming.com . This system is a little more expensive for the bridge and decoders but the transponders are only $30 each!! They have a 5 digit ID number in them so everybody can have their own.

The system uses infared to send the signals back and forth so the transponders must be mounted with a "clear line of sight up to the bridge." The timing software is free.

I will keep you guys updated on the success or failure of the system. Oh yeah, it comes with a year warranty as well.

·
Registered
938 Posts
My local track used to have that system, the one with the infared sensor, he then upgraded to the amb system. The only problems that seemed to be encountered were when new guys showed up with RTR you would have cut a large hole in the body for the sensor to show though. And running 8min in 12th scale the voltage would drop to low in the BEC to power the transponder which I'm pretty sure they fixed with a new style transponder. Also people yanking the plug from there receivers would ruin the plugs.

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All I can say is WOW!!!!!

This system works without a hitch! As long as you install the transponder right ;).

We had some great racing.

We also changed up our format a little. We now run 4 2min heats and a 6minute main.

Jason and Jerry were the first to break into the 2.7's and I finally got there in the mains.

As a recommendation, this system is worth every single penny.

We will be posting our results here every week.

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We ran it agian the Saturday and had a few glitches. Which I believe were self induced. We installed the updates and I do not think they were in the correct order. So I wiped it all out and reinstalled, NO PROBLEMS.

Here is a picture of my truck with the transponder installed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts