Hobbyist Forums banner

161 - 180 of 184 Posts

·
Administrator
25,993 Posts
As is noted in the community updates the premium membership information is set for release soon. Some of what I remember to be the previous extras are already available to all regular memberships. What will remain or be new has not been released to us yet.

·
Administrator
25,993 Posts
you appear to be assuming that the reason I decided to donate money to HobbyTalk was for perks.
No presumptions intended. Back then we all made 'donations' to help keep individually owned sites with usually only one person paying for the domain name and server site support annually out of their own pocket.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Is anyone else getting redirected pages with the "Your Flash Player is out of date" warning, links to malware, and a faked mac os system preferences image in the background? Last night, every link I clicked on in the Sci Fi Modeling forums had this issue.

·
Super Moderator
736 Posts
MHaz, I just tried several links in the Sci Fi Modeling forums and they all worked fine for me. I was at work last night and didn't have a chance to get on the site much at all.

·
BANNED
7,825 Posts
As is noted in the community updates the premium membership information is set for release soon. Some of what I remember to be the previous extras are already available to all regular memberships. What will remain or be new has not been released to us yet.

I'm not sure I understand the changes to paid membership here.
I thought that I read somewhere that existing (previously paid) lifetime members would be getting an email with details.
I have not.
what I think I understand is that .... paid membership will be on a yearly basis going forward costing $19.99 per year?

I also see lots of members still have their "custom" titles.
but I still don't see anywhere where I can change mine.

perspiring minds want to know.

·
Administrator
25,993 Posts
Is anyone else getting redirected pages with the "Your Flash Player is out of date" warning, links to malware, and a faked mac os system preferences image in the background? Last night, every link I clicked on in the Sci Fi Modeling forums had this issue.

Where those the group of 10 or so posts with the chinese lettering and the USA University Names in them? They were supposed to have been deleted as SPAM earlier in the day

·
Administrator
25,993 Posts
I thought that I read somewhere that existing (previously paid) lifetime members would be getting an email with details.
I have not.
what I think I understand is that .... paid membership will be on a yearly basis going forward costing $19.99 per year?

The information as I read it seems to be that previous life memberships will continue indefinitily (although, i think they were originally 20 years in length to start with.)

No new life memberships will be available.

The current membership being offered is now called premium which would correspond to the previous supporting one and be $19.99 each year.

·
Administrator
25,993 Posts
Not sure if you will like how the custom avatar and and the member grouping will look together, but let us know what custom avatar you would like to have. I remember a few different spelling versions of "Banned" was mentioned but I dont remember one being chosen by you.

·
Administrator
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
I have not.

You already have lifetime premium member status which was grandfathered in so you have no further cost to maintain that status. Both premium and lifetime premium status (grandfathered) have the premium title under their username. That is not part of the premium benefits.

There may also be some leftover over user titles that were grandfathered in.

- Cricket

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm still getting the "Your Flash Player is out of date" spam pages. Screenshots attached. I can click on just about any link, and the page will load correctly, but then it'll reload to the Flash Player page. I'm wondering if one of the ads on the page is injecting something into the html.

This:

Reloads to:

·
Administrator
830 Posts
@MHaz I'll report it, but it seems to be the case, I see the URL is a fake. I hate to say it, but I'd get an ad blocker for awhile and run scans on your system. Thanks for letting us know.

·
Administrator
25,993 Posts
This issue has several solutions available and is a known previous scam and seems to making a new round of appereances.

I dont think it is being generated by hobbytalk directly though. Based on you posted images the tab for it looks to be in browser, but I dont recognize the browser you are using. Which one is it?

If you google the issue there are several options there to block the messages. Just pick the one for your browser.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey guys. I'm using Safari on mac os Catalina, and running AdBlocker Plus. I did a complete virus scan and found nothing. This is the only site that has this issue. I suspect it's something in the ads on the site, since I've experienced this problem before on other computers, and the problem always turned out to be a rogue ad on the page.

·
Administrator
25,993 Posts
I also put this thread back to the top of the help section as a sticky and way to convey current issues our members are experiencing. Hopefully this coming week we will be able to determine our VS Admin support team and get these on going issues properly addressed. 🤙

·
Administrator
25,993 Posts
I noticed you had already mentioned this issue a few weeks back as well. We have established a link with vs admin to get updates and resolutions on these and other issues that have been already establishd. (The reply button didnt function to quote @mahz previous message.)

If anyone has additional issues and or the same issues - let us know and we will add them to the new site punch list - thanks for your patience.

·
Administrator
25,993 Posts

It worked this time.

161 - 180 of 184 Posts