Hobbyist Forums banner

121 - 140 of 162 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,785 Posts
Thanks again for the additional clarification.

And I understand you not wanting to change any of your other settings or ad ons.

I will note the text in the 2nd display for VS-Admin (Crickets) review to be the lower cased lettering behind the hobbytalk logo "question on the new? website; your avatar, my avatar and the time stamp in minutes as notations related to the conversation thread we were having.

I am still able to see a transparent screen only momentarily in firefox before it becomes transparent.

·
Super Moderator
23,785 Posts
Thanks for keeping us updated. I will make another request to have your account individually reviewed for a 'bug' or other sympton. I am only seeing 5 posts made in the past 7 days, but dont have a (readily apparent) way to track what edits you have made or attempted in the past 7 days.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Don't recall if I've already posted this following the revamp but every time I log in any more I get a message in the upper right hand corner just below the Hobby Talk logo saying the page does not exist.

·
Administrator
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Don't recall if I've already posted this following the revamp but every time I log in any more I get a message in the upper right hand corner just below the Hobby Talk logo saying the page does not exist.
Have you already tried clearing your browser cache?

- Cricket

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Finally managed to get back on (I think) and have to say I hate this new format. Can we have the old one back please?

·
Super Moderator
23,785 Posts
@irishtrek

Are you still using google as your browser and windows 10 on your laptop (post #70)?

If you are seeing this in the upper right hand corner of your screen it sounds more like a bookmark issue (favorites) link.

Have you tried deleting that old favorites link that gives you the page does not exist message and creating a new favorites link for hobbytalk?

·
Super Moderator
23,785 Posts
Finally managed to get back on (I think) and have to say I hate this new format. Can we have the old one back please?
Welcome back @SUNGOD

Sorry you had trouble loggin back in, but you did make it back!

Can you share with us what troubles you have had - lost password, forgot password, wouldnt accept old password, etc. DId you try the request new password option? Or the contact us button?

Also what is it that you specifically hate about the new format?

The new platform is quite a leap forward in blog board techology and reflects a lot of improvements and upgrades over the old system - and that means a lot of changes for us (and you, too).

I hope you keep trying a few of the new things out though - it does mean that the hobbytalk boards can now survive into the future with a stable and functional home base with Vertical Scope.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Yes I'm still using google and windows 10 and I have no intention of changing either one. Not even sure how to do a quote with this new setup.

·
Super Moderator
23,785 Posts
Yes I'm still using google and windows 10 and I have no intention of changing either one. Not even sure how to do a quote with this new setup.
To quote just one post click on the "Reply" button link with comic book text balloon icon next to it. This will automatically paste the choosen post to quote in the reply box.

Then you can add your comments before or after the [quote ] [/quote ] brackets in the reply box.

(y)

·
Super Moderator
23,785 Posts
It will depend on where your bookmark for hobbytalk is located. You talked about it being in the upper right hand corner of your screen. So it sounds like under the other bookmarks tab in google maybe. Or another tab in the menu bar to the left of the other bookmarks.

Do you have any other hobbytalk bookmarks? Do they work?

Your should have already opened HobbyTalk to be able to read this post. So find the old hobby talk bookmark that is not working in your google menu and right click on it with your mouse.

Then click on delete to remove it.

To create a new bookmark click on the star icon in the upper right corner of your screen. Save it with the name you want and to the book mark bar or the folder of your choice. Then click on done. Make sure you can see it/find it and then close hobbytalk and use the new bookmark to open hobbytalk again. It should bring you right back to this post in this thread.

Now you should know how to make a new bookmark for any internet page and you can go to the thread - page - section - home page in hobbytalk where you would like to start your hobbytalk session every time and create a new book mark for that location.

You can leave the bookmark to this thread in your bar/folder system or delete it as you chose to as your preference.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Welcome back @SUNGOD

Sorry you had trouble loggin back in, but you did make it back!

Can you share with us what troubles you have had - lost password, forgot password, wouldnt accept old password, etc. DId you try the request new password option? Or the contact us button?

Also what is it that you specifically hate about the new format?

The new platform is quite a leap forward in blog board techology and reflects a lot of improvements and upgrades over the old system - and that means a lot of changes for us (and you, too).

I hope you keep trying a few of the new things out though - it does mean that the hobbytalk boards can now survive into the future with a stable and functional home base with Vertical Scope.

Luckily it recognised my password in the end but I just don't like the new layout. For a start there's adverts and stuff on the right taking up too much space plus a take the tour sign I can't get rid of plus I much prefer the look of the old forums as they were distinctive and much easier to use and read. The last time it changed we could opt for the old look but I can't see how to do that now.

·
Super Moderator
23,785 Posts
Luckily it recognised my password in the end but I just don't like the new layout. For a start there's adverts and stuff on the right taking up too much space plus a take the tour sign I can't get rid of plus I much prefer the look of the old forums as they were distinctive and much easier to use and read. The last time it changed we could opt for the old look but I can't see how to do that now.
Understandable!

I dont remember seeing the take the tour sign, but would have loved to have experienced it. I will flag it for VS-ADMIN as an issue for your (and me). For now try just opening it and then stoping it to exit out. Hopefully; that will clear it out of your settings.

For now we only have the two options. I dont like the default either and wish we can get back the orange and blue old HobbyTalk skin colors back some day. It is way old school but still a familiar look I miss a bit. Right now the site is set for optimized loading speed and page transitions so available options are scaled back in the new platform.

If you havent tried the dark mode - check it out from the ellipse icon (3 stacked dots). It is much easier to take visually.

121 - 140 of 162 Posts