Hobbyist Forums banner

81 - 100 of 170 Posts

·
Banned
1,901 Posts
At this point, Im unable to edit any post including one posted minutes ago,
because there was a duplicate image included.
There is no edit button shown. Hopefully this problem will be resolved.

Thanks
Eric
Edit button has returned, must have been a glitch on my end.

·
Super Moderator
24,458 Posts
Thanks 69ch for letting us know. I had already flagged your post for the double image and a review by VS Tech.

Hopefully; they will also be checking out the issue with the edit button as well.

To claify though - you initially could not see the edit option in your posts drop down menu or nothing was happening when you tried to click on the post's 3 stacked dots to open the drop down?

·
Super Moderator
24,458 Posts
OK, I cleared my cached and rebooted my tower and now loading is faster.
still cannot say faster than old server format, but much increased now.
Thanks for taking the time to do all that effort @alpink; hopefully, you will start seeing some improvements each day as you visit the site. A new notice release was posted today and more improvements and updates will be forthcoming! ?

·
Banned
1,901 Posts
To claify though - you initially could not see the edit option in your posts drop down menu or nothing was happening when you tried to click on the post's 3 stacked dots to open the drop down?
Correct. I had to go do something else, came back a few minutes later and it worked again.
I should have waited longer before making a report of the malfunction.

Eric

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Reposting here as requested.

On this page right now, The Hobby Talk logo is on top of the word 'Question' and the search field covers the word 'Website' that are part of my thread's title.On other pages the line showing the forum I'm on is covered, as it's in the same location as the thread title. On other pages the new balloon, the forums 'bar' image, my initial and the 3 dots cover 'full forum listing'. Here's a couple of different screens.

HT1.jpg

HT1.jpg

HT1.jpg HT2.jpg
HT1.jpg

HT2.jpg

I did everything requested, including dark/light mode and screen fiddling. Today it's still the same. it only does this at the very top of the page whete there is other stuff besides the 'Hobby Talk./Search and features buttons'..

·
Super Moderator
24,458 Posts
Thanks for reposting the issue #Bruce Bishop. I have firefox on my system and it does look different from what I am seeing in your image posts.

I will add those here so that VS Admin can see the differences between what you are seeing and what I am seeing.

Can you go to the home page and grab screen shots of how it looks there for us.

And if you havent already tell us what operationg system and version you have on your pc.

Screenshot (176).png this one is at the top of the page.

Screenshot (177).png this one is scrolled down the page some.

Can you ever see the banner at the top of the page with the car images?

·
Super Moderator
24,458 Posts
Correct. I had to go do something else, came back a few minutes later and it worked again.
I should have waited longer before making a report of the malfunction.

Eric
Thanks for the update Eric. Just to confirm it is the later situation you encountered where the edit button did not work for you when you clicked on it. And dont worry about reporting it - we were asked to make reports on issues we encountered. Not to hope they go away on their on or someone else reports them! ?

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Went o follow vs-admin's instructions on how to retrieve my avatar and when I click on the custom button the window which pops up looks to be from my images file.

·
Super Moderator
24,458 Posts
That is correct. Any member is now allowed to choose their our own avatars from their own image resources.

You can also use one from another source so long as it does not violate any copyright laws.

It also has to fit within the Terms of Use and forum guidelines.

If you want to use the one you were previously using before the migration - it will have to be found and the image url file copied and save to your device. At the moment all of the old avatar images (except for the flags) are not accessible, but they do exist in the history and archives of the innerwebz. Protip: Google yourself avatar and HobbyTalk. Otherwise, do you remember what it is called or looked like?

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
I am able to edit posts less than 7 days old.

I am unable to edit posts 7 days old and over. I just tried to edit post #33 from this thread, and I got the popup that states:

• "You may not edit more than 10 different post(s) within 7 days".
I have NOT edited 10 different posts within the past 7 days.

I tried to edit random posts from a month ago, a year ago, and over two years ago. I got that same popup message.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
I am able to edit posts less than 7 days old.

I am unable to edit posts 7 days old and over. I just tried to edit post #33 from this thread, and I got the popup that states:

• "You may not edit more than 10 different post(s) within 7 days".
I have NOT edited 10 different posts within the past 7 days.

I tried to edit random posts from a month ago, a year ago, and over two years ago. I got that same popup message.
Whoa! I tried to edit post #92 and this post was created when I clicked on the "Save" button.

·
Super Moderator
24,458 Posts
Thanks @phrankenstign for the update on your issues with the edit settings. Can you test the system again sometime after midnight and let us know if you get that message again.

TIA-MFR, SM

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Thanks @phrankenstign for the update on your issues with the edit settings. Can you test the system again sometime after midnight and let us know if you get that message again.

TIA-MFR, SM
I still can't edit any of my old posts. I tried just a few minutes ago. Just now, I clicked on "Reply" at the bottom of your post #94. Unexpectedly, it quoted your post. I thought only the "Quote" button would do that, but I guess it's not the only one.

·
Super Moderator
24,458 Posts
Thanks for the additional feed back. I have flagged your posts above to VS-Adm for review.

In regards to using the reply button - it does quote the message in that #ed post now. Did you or do you see a description box though when you mouse over over the quote box icon or Reply text before you click? It should say "Reply, quoting this message"

The time stamp should show the date and time the post was made. The 3 stacked dots says "site navigation". The "+ says "Toggle Multi-quote". And the Share icon/text will open a pop up menu. Let us know if you are not seeing those pop up descriptions, please.

The "+ icon and quote text is the one that now allows you to multi-quote 2 or more messages.

·
Administrator
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
I still can't edit any of my old posts. I tried just a few minutes ago. Just now, I clicked on "Reply" at the bottom of your post #94. Unexpectedly, it quoted your post. I thought only the "Quote" button would do that, but I guess it's not the only one.
The reply button next to the multi-quote and like button at the bottom of a specific post will automatically quote the post. To reply without a quote simply scroll to the bottom of the thread, add you content, and click Post reply.

Let me know if these instructions help explain the quote options better.

How To Quote

When you see a post that you want to quote, click the reply button on that post. It will automatically add the quoted content to the content area where you can add your reply/comments following the code.

How To Multi-Quote

Step 1
: Click the multi-quote icon at the bottom of each post that you want to quote.

Step 2: Scroll down to the text editor where you are going to write your post. Click "Insert Quotes".

Step 3: A small window will pop up for you to verify (or delete) quoted content that will be added to your post. Click "Quote messages".

Final Step: The quoted content will automatically be added to the text editor.

Add your comments and click to post your reply.

Added Notes: You can multi-quote from more than one discussion thread in the forum. You can also simply highlight the part of the text you want to quote. A small popup will allow you to choose the multi-quote option using just the selected content.

- Cricket

·
Super Moderator
24,458 Posts
Hey @Bruce Bishop

I worked a bit in fire fox as my browser and was finally able to recreate what you were seeing on your screen captures.

Except for me - the transparent 2nd banner menu with the site search and other icons only stayed transparent for a few seconds before becoming opaque (and without the larger image banner of the diecast cars showing above them). Meaning it changes to fast for me to make a screen capture of it.

Apart from the optics of it (how it looks) - I am able to still use the search and each of the site icons and even the main logo to naviagate around the site while it is still transparent. I was able to click fast enough to test those out.

It doesnt as you note though - allow me to use any of the post functions beneath that menu bar layer. I have to scroll them back down the screen to be able to make those work.

So can you use each of the site icon buttons in the main menu bar at the top of your screen as well - while it is transparent - as in your image? Or are these the functions you cant access to make work?

It doesnt seem to be blocking anything on my screen except for what is under the menu bar - which wouldnt be visible to you otherwise if it wasnt still transparent.

Let us know if you are still having problems with fire fox and the menu bar optics though.

81 - 100 of 170 Posts