Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past 3-5yrs, I have been tinkering on and off with converting my car to run on WATER. I know, you are all thinking HuH? But the water does not go into the gastank, rather into its own 1-2gallon stainless-steel container, whit a bit of extras tossed in, and is connected to a 12-30V circuit which powers a blackbox with some simple electronics inside. The Water is 'shattered into its component parts of Hydrogen and Oxygen and produces water-vapor (looks like steam) which is then drawn into the air cleaner thru a stainless steel hose fitted with a flash-arrestor.
Interested?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Its not a new idea,we use to use water to remove carbon from a hot engine,but the draw back was the chance of cracking a exhaust valve.I believe the military had water injection on some airplane engine to boost power.Good luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
Water injection is common for a diesel pulling truck... but too much water and the engine will make a weird noise and a connecting rod will decide to escape.

·
Registered
302 Posts
i think that is weird to have a car run on water
personally i would not be interested in doing that
but all the power to ya
lolaz28

·
Registered
1 Posts
Water powered engines?

Hi there, I've just read your article on the above. Last year I found a diagram for the same project. I haven't had a go at building it yet, as I thought it all sounded a bit too good to be true and you know what they say about that.
Did you ever get yours to run, or even close to running? I'm very interested in hearing you reply.
Regards Bazz

·
Registered
384 Posts
steevej said:
The Water is 'shattered into its component parts of Hydrogen and Oxygen and produces water-vapor (looks like steam) which is then drawn into the air cleaner thru a stainless steel hose fitted with a flash-arrestor.
Interested?

The problem here is that water VAPOR is not "cracked water". Any fuel supply, be it gasoline, biodesel, or hydrogen must have a metering device to deliver a proper air/fuel mixture to the cylinders. A pipe running to your aircleaner means you have an expensive steam injection device, not an alternative fuel supply. Water/steam/vapor injection has its benefits but there's no free lunch here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts