Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please excuse my language, I meant to say Marine Rescue Van.....

Just in case you need some mouth to mouth the Baywatch girls will help...

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
Gesundheit...

Nice van, Gun. The photos are great. Years ago I got T-boned by a trash truck that blew thru a red light. The ambulance attendant that treated me on the way to the hospital was a burly fireman who is a neighbor of mine. My luck - no Baywatch babes...

:wave:

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gesundheit...

Nice van, Gun. The photos are great. Years ago I got T-boned by a trash truck that blew thru a red light. The ambulance attendant that treated me on the way to the hospital was a burly fireman who is a neighbor of mine. My luck - no Baywatch babes...

:wave:
I hope you didn't need mouth to mouth......

·
Registered
325 Posts
Great Piece there !!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

NUMBER ONE REASON TO COLLECT DIECAST : ENJOYMENT !!!

SO KEEP ON ENJOYING,

Dan (Zeezeerider)

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Awesome old Siku! Those typical Mercedes vans...heavily used by the German police at the time as "Mannschaftswagen". Love it.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's such a nice one!
Do you know what year it's from?
That is V-339, the first variation, made between '72-'74. It was changed and given the # 2213 in '75 and continued thru 1980.

This version is from '79 with different base, wheels, and tires....

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
I always appreciate when a toy maker bothers to give a truck real dualie tires. It's a nice touch, and shows a respect for realism.
A big fat hells yeah to that, mistah!!!
Duallies with realistic width tires are a sight for sore eyes what few times I've seen the over the decades. Such a sin to overlook such a detail!

So 1972 is when this came out?
It allways suprizes me when JL collectors say that the early Playing Mantits era of Johnny Lightnings were ahead of there time for being so accurate when MANY casting such as this and countless '60s Lesneys hade perfect proportions. While those old JLs might have had some great tampos and wheels like never before, the many inaccuracies in the body of the cars was just heinous. While the wheels could arguably be a week point, this one is far above those cars mentioned, and for what the wheels might lack in detail, the more than make up for in accuracy in dimentions.
This casting holds up to todays standards in allmost every way. In fact it surpasses

1 - 16 of 16 Posts