Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is now official the paperwork for the purchase of the track was completed today!

I will post information on the tracks web site as it is developed...
The site is... washtenawrcraceway dot com

The current plan is to keep the program mostly unchanged for this year.
I will be at the Saline county fair running the RC racing attraction starting the 30th.
So my attention is on that for the moment look for more details for the upcoming season at Washtenaw next month.

Track build is 10/13-14 and 10/21
Race dates...
10/27 (not a points race)
11/3 1st Points race
11/17
12/1
12/15
12/29
1/12/2013
1/26
2/9
2/23 Last points race
3/9 Run for fun and door prize race

Thanks!!!
Dave Ferris

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More info on Washtenaw

It sounds like we might have more than a few 4Wd buggies this winter. I say BRING THEM love to see them come back would be sweet if we could have a full heat every race with them!

I plan on using ROAR rules for stock. Masters is still 10.5 Max, Perhaps we might have intrest in also having a masters short course?

One rule that will be enforced is nothing more than 4 cell Lipo's. It is after all an indoor track and no one needs to run more that a 4S pack. It is challanging enough to keep the marshalls safe in 8th scale and 4x4 Short course as it is.

I have not started the relaunch of the web site I probably will not have it up until mid September. I will post when it is complete.

Dave

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Clarifcation on classes for 2012-2013 season

Just to restate what we will be running for classes (Remember it takes 5 entries to make a class).

Just to clarify...
The classes this year at the Barn are listed on the flyer. The flyer is on my web site /www.washtenawrcraceway.com Right now the site is just a single page...
I hope to have the new web site up by the 16th but it probably will be a work in progress.
when I relaunch the site I will have the photos and the results back up from prior seasons.

The classes are...
Race Classes: (5 cars make a class) Stock is Blinky only if the speedo has adjustable timing
Novice (Stock vehicles recommended, No 1/8 scale);
Oval 1/10 Sprint Car, Oval Stock Truck. Oval stock SCT
Blinky Stock Truck, Buggy, 2wd SCT ; Open: Truck, Buggy, 2wd SCT
4wd Buggy, 4wd Short Course Truck, 1/8 scale Truck & Buggy

If you want to run timing on your speedo you would have to run in the open class.
The track this year will be a lot different than last. None of the lanes will be less than 8 foot. The oval remains however it is going to shrink from the 12' to be the same width all the way around Come to the track build 10/13-14 and 10/20-21 to see what it will be like!

I welcome the input (Please continue, I like to hear of ANYONES ideas) however it is my track and I have the final say on what goes. The idea for combining open and stock MIGHT be something to try for the last run for fun race of the season. It would be intresting to see how it would pan out. I really would like to see open (mod) 10th scale buggy, truck and 4wd comeback. Combining classes might be an experiment to try at the end to see if more open 10th scales show up. But it will NOT be happening for the points races this season.

As I stated when I purchased the track this year will see some refinements that I think will improve the racing. But no wholesale changes to the program this season.

To those that think masters just means the old folks home class miss the point of it...
To me Masters is the oppertunity to run in a class that is in between stock and open.
Dave

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Track build starts 10/14

Just a reminder our track build is October 13 and 14 if we have it all done we will not need to work on the track the 20th or 21st.

If you want to put a canopy up you need to get approval form me first.
I am requesting that anyone putting up a canopy participate with the track build or track maintenance.

We will not have a food vendor this year. We will however have some baked goods and a list of area eatery and delivery options.

See you at the barn!!!
Dave

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2012-2013 track build 10/20

Update to the web site with track build photos is done.
THANK EVERYONE who came out to help!!!!!!!!
Also thanks to my wife for the fantastic lunches!

Because we have gotten so much done the only day for track build left is this Saturday the 20th
8Am till about 5Pm.

The entire track is covered with clay so it should not be dusty this year.
everyone can help by not running the cars in the pits as that is the biggest source of dust.

Just a reminder the classes are listed on the web site www.washtenawrcraceway.com

I am open for ideas and remember 5 cars make a class.

The first race is 10/27 the first points race is 11/3

Thanks!!!!
Dave

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
October 27th.fun run

My first chance to run the new track layouts and was very happy with the oval and road course.Both tracks have good grip and flow.Hope to see everyone at the track this coming weekend :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts
Great Racing at Washtenaw

Great first points race at Washtenaw!
Dave and his crew are doing a fantastic job.
The track is fast and challenging at the same time. It allows close racing in all classes.
The Oval is FANTASTIC!!! Probably the best flowing oval we have ever had.
We had a lot of people visiting and checking out the facility. Many that I am sure will return and begin racing with us.
I want to encourage everyone to keep inviting people to visit and encouraging them to come out and give it a try.
If you haven't been there in a while, come out and give it a try again, It is better than ever.
Dan

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Results are posted for the 11/3/12 race

Thanks to everyone who came to race with us or just to watch!!!
The results are posted at http://www.washtenawrcraceway.com/Results/11_03_2012_Results.pdf

I will have the points up later this week along with the detail sheets for the mains for anyone who needs them.

Also photos of the track are at... www.washtenawrcraceway.com
the photo on the home page is this years track along with more photos in the "Photo Gallery" tab.

Dave

·
Registered
342 Posts
Washtenaw Whoop *ss #1 points Race Trophy Winner

Well David it has been two very peaceful days at home knowing that I don't have that Team trophy in my race shop to stare at for the next 2 weeks. Welcome to the team and do not be afraid to give that trophy to one of your team mates,but some times its a lot harder to get rid of than it was to receive:confused: I had a very busy and expensive day of racing after I dead shorted a motor but still had a great time and can hardly wait to come back.David Please see pic below.:wave:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts
looking for a new place to race. What tires work at your track. Any information would be great.
Thanks
Any small pin pattern tire or HPI beams, Suburbs, Panther Switches, Losi Taper Pins ect.
You get the picture. Track is primarily clay, it does get a slight dust on it.

Come on out and join the fun.

There is a fantastic hobby shop on site Provided by Nankin Hobby in Wayne, MI with a great selection of parts if you need them.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts