Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone told me that Sugar Babies or Sugar Daddy had a promo back in the '70's, I belive he said it was of a Datsun 510. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SCJ said:
Green car at the top.........you are correct and the car came in two shades of green, however the car pictured does not show the yellow/red Mylar decals that came with the car.

----------------------------
www.SlotCarJohnnies.com

What decals??
Are they pic's of a Sugar Daddy?

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Promos

Afx had several promo cars done:

Sugar Daddy Datsun
Crunch 'n Munch / Chef Boy-ar-dee trailer sets
Champion Spark Plug Baha Bug

Among others. This is what I suggested JL do when they repop the 'ThunderTrucks', have some of the trucks go through companies, like tanker trucks you can buy with a fill-up, special trucks decked out in Post Office, or UPS colors, available and their branches, and WalMart or Toys R Us trucks sold at the stores.

Anyone out there have a link showing the purple Datsun promo car?

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
There was also a couple of Chef Boyardee Trailers, and of course, that old Petty # 43 car that TV Guide did......

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
madsapper said:
that old Petty # 43 car that TV Guide did......

Yea, I've seen a few of those the last few months, way too much for me to spend on a (Tyco) slot car, well any slot for that matter. :(

·
Slotcar Fanatic
13,013 Posts
Odd color choice for a Sugar Daddy exclusive especially since Aurora had an orange and yellow Datsun on the books. Could have included the SD stickers since the Sugar Daddy candy was wrapped in a yellow and orange wrapping. ;) rr

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Now that we've covered the promo cars--What was the deal with the "Mash 4077" set? Was there ever one? Sometime ago I'd seen a guy selling Army style trailers claiming to be the Mash prototypes from Canada. Also, in Europe a fellow had a Charger (I think) that was claimed to be a staff car from the set. Lastly, was there any other companies that made promos like Bachman or Tyco?

Thank you

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Prototypes

Yes Boss, there are some M*A*S*H* prototype sets out there, along with some folks making and selling knockoffs on Ebay. There are other sets that only made it to the prototype stage:

Afx Fire Set with fire truck
Flintstones set.

Among others.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Anyone know anything about a slot car set made for the 80's Kenner toy series "M.A.S.K."?? I saw a loose "Volcano" van on E-bay a few weeks back....but I've never seen the playset.......

I used to collect "M.A.S.K.".....so that's how I was able to spot the van ;)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sugar Daddy and Petty mail ins

I was lucky enough when I was a kid to send off for both of these cars... I still enjoy them very much being in my collection....Both came with stickers you could put on.
jimhaze

1 - 15 of 15 Posts