Hobbyist Forums banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Jimmy, from the talk I am hearing ALREADY all three of those classes will be pretty good, as will 19T. There is a group of 8 or 10 Legends that are in this area and from what I understand they will be coming too. Go to: http://www.thunderroadrc.com/ for the flyer and the entry form.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Have a great race at Coopers

Lin, et. al., have a great race. I wish I could join you; but some one has to stay behind and take care of business. Thanks; Ernie P. :cool:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Hey guys, what kind of rules are you going to have for the classes? Ride height? And for legends? Weight? and all that......well duh, never mind. I saw them above. What about a Touring car class?

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Touring Cars

Jimmy; we won't be running Touring Cars on the oval. Bottom line is time. We simply can't pack any more racing into the time available; and I want every one to be able to get on the road before it gets *too* late. We may run touring cars on the road course during our weekly races; and on some of our bigger racing events, later on.

If I can make it happen, there will be a new road course track at TR next year; and it will be big enough to get a 1:10 scale car wound out pretty well. If it tells you anything, I own a couple of TC's. Thanks; Ernie P. :cool:

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Spec tires for KSG Slider

I'm gonna be runnin a KSG slider car on a carpet flat track. Has anyone ever tried spec tires on this car and what compounds should i use. thanks Jesse
:freak:

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Jesse; you might want to post your question on the thread "2004 Virginia Oval Champoinships". You might get more responses there. Thanks; Ernie P.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Just as a reminder, guys; Thunder Road is now closed until we have completed the rehab. We hope to be open for business by November 6th, possibly sooner; and I'll keep you posted. Thanks for all your past support, and we look forward to seeing all of you at Thunder Road in November; practicing and getting your setups tuned for the 2004 Virginia Oval Championships on Decenber 4th. Thanks; Ernie P.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Paypal accepted!

Okay, guys; I have arranged for a Verified Paypal Account for Thunder Road. You can now pay for your advance entry via Paypal; by logging into paypal.com, and making payment to "[email protected]". Why enter in advance? Because pit positions will be assigned as entries are received. IOW, the permanent, and newly refurbished, pit positions will be assigned as entries are received. If you choose to enter on the day, you may wind up pitting in a temporary pit position. So enter early, if you want to be assured of a better pit position. Thanks; Ernie P. :cool:

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
can anyone tell me something about the new legends compnay owners.I've talked with them about two months ago. Since then I've sent two e-mails inquiring about some parts needed.I've not recieved any answer.What I was looking for is to upgrade my present car to the new specs with the new parts.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Bill e-mail him again, i just got back from Chicago with him and Rick.... Hes still getting parts stocked...

BIlly @ Bandit

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Legends at Thunder Road

Assuming you've read the foregoing, you know we plan on running a regular Legends program at Thunder Road, in Gordonsville, VA. And, we have a pretty good race set up for December 4th; the 2004 Virginia Oval Championships. We'd be happy to see you at Thunder Road any time! Thanks; Ernie P. :cool:

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
We've got a new small hobby shop here in Jacksonville, Florida. Legends racing would work great if they could get kits and parts.I sent another e-mail last night.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
2004 Virginia Oval Championships Concours

Guys; just to get the word out, there will be a Concours event at the 2004 Virginia Oval Championships on December 4th, at Thunder Road RC Speedway, in Gordonsville, VA. Rules follow:

(1) Concours will be judged prior to the first heat.

(2) Concours entries will be limited to those cars and bodies actually participating in the race. Any entry in Concours which fails to compete will be disqualified. Any damage resulting from practice will be ignored.

(3) All Classes will be judged together. Plaques will be presented to the winner in each Category.

(4) Cars will be judged in three Categories:
(A) Best NASCAR Replica. The entry should be an exact replice of a given current or past NASCAR entry. Photos or representations of the actual NASCAR entry are allowed and encouraged.
(B) Best in Appearance. The entry will be judged solely on appearance; and need not be a representation of an actual past or current NASCAR entry; but must be a NASCAR Theme.
(C) Racers Choice. The entry will be judged by the voice or hand vote of the assembled throng; with no discernable criteria beyond whatever seems to motivate the masses.

(5) All decisions of the judge are final; with no protest allowed.

(6) Ernie P. will be, or will appoint, the sole judge; and may/may not seek counsel from any person or resource available.

Thanks; Ernie P. :cool:

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Local Accomodations for 12/4

The Orange, VA Holiday Inn Express is offering a special discount to racers attending The 2004 Virginia Oval Championships. Their rate will be $69.00 vs the normal $80.00/night. Contact info is:

Orange Holiday Inn Express
750 Round Hill Drive
Orange, VA 22960
(540) 672-6691

The Holiday Inn is located just North of Orange, Virginia; about ten miles from Thunder Road RC Speedway. Just tell them you are racing in The 2004 Virginia Oval Championships; and they will apply the discount. All the normal fast food establishments are near the Holiday Inn; as well as some full service restaurants. We are trying to work a discount with a very good local restaurant near the track. More later; Ernie P. :cool:

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Fast B Mains

Looking at the racers who have committed to making The 2004 Virginia Oval Championships race at Thunder Road on December 4th, it occurs to me we're going to have some fast "B" Mains. All these hot shoes can't fit in the "A". At least it will be fun to watch! Thanks; Ernie P. :cool:

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Legends

Thunder Road will open on Friday at 09:00; and close when the last racer goes home. A number of racers have asked us to stay open late, so they can practice for The 2004 Virginia Oval Championships; so that's what we'll do.

Saturday, we'll open at 08:00. Entries will close at 2:00 P.M.; Concours will be at 2:30; and the racing will start at 3:00.

After 12:00, we reserve the right to regulate practice time by class; to make sure someone practicing for 19-turn Open doesn't have to share the track with a Stock Class Mini-T. We'll play it by ear.

Entries have been steady; and we're looking forward to hosting the fastest group of racers on the East Coast. Drive safely on the way, guys. Thanks; Ernie P. :cool:

21 - 40 of 46 Posts