4. 62 4:02.05 Kevin Thornton
5. 27 1:41.48 Bob Egan

1/10 Spec Truck A Main

1. 56 4:01.80 Mason Egan
2. 56 4:03.82 Gary Hall
3. 36 4:01.56 George LaClaire
4. DNS Kevin Burdick

1/12 DD 19T A Main

1. 79 4:01.36 Steve Pemberton (Track Record)
2. 73 4:01.18 Joel Winnicki
3. 72 4:00.23 Todd Ferguson
4. 21 1:03.28 Postman TQ

Track was fast this week. Thanks for everyone that came out and raced!

·
Registered
73 Posts
It was actually a pretty good night. Keith, Ron, and I all turn 65 laps for qualifying. We were all within a few seconds of each other. Matt just squeaked out a 66 for the night getting him the TQ. My problem is when there are more than 3 or 4 cars on the track, I can't handle the traffic. I just need more practice and I will get there.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
tanktruck88 said:
It was actually a pretty good night. Keith, Ron, and I all turn 65 laps for qualifying. We were all within a few seconds of each other. Matt just squeaked out a 66 for the night getting him the TQ. My problem is when there are more than 3 or 4 cars on the track, I can't handle the traffic. I just need more practice and I will get there.
clint, is it because of car setup or driver that u cant handle traffic?

·
Registered
145 Posts
man is this what it comes to,dont you like us any more ?

not to be rude but at clints driving level a different car isn't going to make much difference.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Your not rude your Geo, if the car don't matter why do all the fast guys run Lto's, clint is running a 12l with all the batts on one side and u can't tell me he wouldn't benefit from a better car, the ksg was an expansion of a conversation he had with someone in the shop last week, and hey where have you two been? you don't call you don't writeyou haven't hijacked a thread in a while, SHUT UP RANDY, I gotta go to work man.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I havn't seen the KSG 1/12 scale LTO, but the CRC Razor II is a nice oval piece. I will say that i started 1/12 oval with a 12L3 road course car and found it to be very good with all the batts on the left. I think I ran 70 or 71 laps in 19 turn and only ran 1 or 2 more laps with a Razor and some practice. In short, I dont think the chassis is a big issue in stock or spec. Maybe mod. Hit your marks at every turn and then see where you are. If you can't hit your marks, it doesn't matter what your driving.

On another note, I'm building my 10gt for summer. Got a set of Factory works shock towers and some tc3 shocks. I will be running at the Fairgrounds, *******, and Walts. It looks like the RC Pro Series has a big race scheduled for ******* in July.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I'm not hawking the ksg that was another story, again how many of the guys in mod were you racing against with 12Ls? For that matter most of the guys in stock were running crc razors as I remember, yes the crc razor and hyperdrive and others make a great car and again they are all LTO'S for the purpose of oval racing.

·
Registered
145 Posts
reggie's dad said:
I'm not hawking the ksg that was another story, again how many of the guys in mod were you racing against with 12Ls? For that matter most of the guys in stock were running crc razors as I remember, yes the crc razor and hyperdrive and others make a great car and again they are all LTO'S for the purpose of oval racing.
this all coming from a guy that runs an onroad car for oval. :tongue:

·
Registered
817 Posts
twistedgeo said:
this all coming from a guy that runs an onroad car for oval. :tongue:
Yes I bought a 3.2r becouse they race oval 2 weeks and on road 1 then back again, money was tight "still is" and I bought a car I thought could do it all, actually didn't do too bad but never quite good enough to win a heat or main, how ever, how long did you n Solly take to pick up a razor to go along with your 3.2rs? thats my point an on road car can be used to race oval but specially built LTOs are still going to have an advantage and I think Clint could do well with a better car.

·
Registered
145 Posts
reggie's dad said:
Yes I bought a 3.2r becouse they race oval 2 weeks and on road 1 then back again, money was tight "still is" and I bought a car I thought could do it all, actually didn't do too bad but never quite good enough to win a heat or main, how ever, how long did you n Solly take to pick up a razor to go along with your 3.2rs? thats my point an on road car can be used to race oval but specially built LTOs are still going to have an advantage and I think Clint could do well with a better car.
lets see, i had an onroad car and an oval car at the same time, never ran an onraod car as an oval car.with that said im not saying solly and myself are top drivers but i think we are at a level were we can see a difference in cars,we still dont know squat abou set up ;) .you are rite to a point though, a lto car is better for oval and clint in the future will benefit from having one, but now being in a spec class and still learning why would anyone want to beat up a new kit to learn on ?

·
Registered
145 Posts
reggie's dad said:
thats my point an on road car can be used to race oval but specially built LTOs are still going to have an advantage
oh 1 more thing, i disagree with the above. an onroad car being lighter and using an onroad body with more down force has the advantage. thats why the rules state to add weight to onroad car :rolleyes:

·
Registered
817 Posts
twistedgeo said:
oh 1 more thing, i disagree with the above. an onroad car being lighter and using an onroad body with more down force has the advantage. thats why the rules state to add weight to onroad car :rolleyes:
I agree with that, I had a cup body and when I put it on my 3.2r I never could get it rite so I don't know as much set up as I should, hope to see you two tues.

·
Registered
124 Posts
There are advantages to the on road bodies not only is there alot more down psi , but when you get into the back of someone that wedge will take an oval car right out of the race. Otherwise the on road car seems to do just as good a job as an oval car ,at least on that size track where you aren't carrying a ton of corner speed. I hope next season is even better i've watched alot of people get a whole lot better since the begining. Some things i hope that they change is the way the grid is setup for the mains ,there should be a staggard start with even spacing not bumper to bumper,this doesn't make for clean racing right from lap one.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I did not think my little comment about my driving and car would make such interesting conversation. I think I still need to learn a lot about the set up of the car. Everyone is always so helpful with that information. As far as the car goes, I have been told by more than one person that I am at a disadvantage without having the side dampners and or shocks on the car. I have the upgrade for the car but have not had the time to do the work. The main thing is, I am still having fun and learning something new every week.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
I met some great guys who race up at Walt's this weekend at K&N. Steve Pembereton , and Joel Winicky. They expressed great enthusiam over my SK car. If anyone is interested in running SK's up there, please mention it to Walt (I assume the owner's name is walt) If Walt has a HT screename and posts please PM me. I looked for the obvious names but didn't find one. For more info please click on the links below.
Thanks!
Rick Stockhaus<><

1 - 20 of 21 Posts