Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Walt's Hobby will be kicking off their indoor carpet oval season starting Tuesday October 3. We will be racing on Tuesday nights and Saturdays at noon

Oval Classes: 1/10: stock truck, stock EDM, DD stock, DD19T, 4wd Sedan
1/12: DDstock, DD19T
1/18: mini's

Tuesdays Racing starts at 6:30 PM, sign ups end at 6:00 PM.
Saturdays Racing Starts at 12:00 PM, sign ups end at 11:30AM
All Oval classes are 4 min races. DD classes are 4 cell batteries, all other classes are 6 cell.

Race Fees are $10.00 for the first class and $6.00 for each additional class.

Tuesday Season

October 3
October 10
October 24
October 31
November 14
November 21
December 5
December 12

Saturday Season

October 14
October 28
November 4
November 25
December 9
December 16

Any questions call Walt's Hobby at 315-453-2291
www.waltshobby.com

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dd stands for direct drive. This is 1/10 pan cars with NASCAR bodies.
Any other questions let me know!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Couple Questions.
What is the size of the track.
How many racer's race there on a weekly basis.
I will try to make a trip there soon.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Track is 58' x 32' flat carpet track. The track is brand new, so I honestly can't give you a racer turnout right now. We have high expectations. We have had an indoor dirt oval for 17 years, so this will be new for some guys. Some the other racers in the area race anything, and are the best in the nation. There should be good competition!!

·
Registered
817 Posts
lugnut727 said:
I won't be racing this week. I can't race until Saturdays start. And I only be racing about twice a month.
I heard that! my racin fund is drying up fast! I'm going to have to pick the races I go to with an eye towards the wallet from now on, unless I can get some sponsors like geo lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
A great first night of oval racing on the new carpet track! Awesome turnout, better than I could have hoped for. I am thrilled to have a new carpet track to play on and look forward to this winter.
I was hoping to be back next Tuesday to run the 1/12 car, but I forgot that I'm going to Charlotte for the NASCAR race. See you all in two weeks.

·
Registered
145 Posts
reggie's dad said:
I heard that! my racin fund is drying up fast! I'm going to have to pick the races I go to with an eye towards the wallet from now on, unless I can get some sponsors like geo lol

dont spend all the money on the herb and you will be fine...lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts