Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Finally scored the Boulevard Gasser! I've been hot on the trail after this one for weeks! Started out at the closest Walmart to my house and I saw they had the new Boulevard set on the pegs.......but all the Gassers and VWs were gone. This was 1st thing this morning after they opened, so I'm thinking the goods were pulled out before it came out of the back room. This store has always been corrupt and its the worst place there is to get Hot Wheels. So drove about 20 minutes to the next closest Walmart which is a great place to find stuff and was happy to see pegs were full of the new set! All the Gassers I got are the black engine variation. Not sure which type is more scarce? next I went to local Target store. Nothing new on pegs but there was a young guy stocking stuff in that aisle. He asked if he could help and I told him I'm looking for some new HW cars. He went in back and bought out a whole card load of loose cars from a J case. Almost the full case was there and I found a few goodies in it! Its been very slow here lately but had a pretty good hunting trip today for sure.

·
Premium Member
8,803 Posts
Awesome haul congrats. 👍I will be checking one of my targets and one of my Walmart's this Friday for all of those. 👍

·
Registered
993 Posts
Nice haul you picked up!

Reactions: samace22

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was very lucky to score these. Theres 3 Walmarts in this county and 2 of them are hopeless. I went to the one that gave me a faint chance on my only day off this past week......and it paid off. Talked to another local HW guy a day or so later and he said he went to the same store right after I did, so if I hadn't gotten them he would've. He and I do a little talking and sometimes trading between us so he knew I was looking for them and probably would've hooked me up......maybe. He doesn't collect gassers though, he's a JDM guy, so for him it was just a missed profit opportunity.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Only one of that Boulevard set I've seen is the Mercedes truck, and I think it was left behind because the card was all bent up. Still tons of the yellow Porsche and the occasional Camaro from the last set though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts