Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Noticed the sheets with the diagrams for the toy isle layouts this morning.I looked at all of them three times each,no JL's.This was not a supercenter but still....
Same deal with some smaller Targets.Does this mean there may be a drought of some sort while the takeover is in motion and new distribution agreements are finalized with the retailers?
I guess the Hobby Lobby's are gonna get hammered even harder now.The manager at a newly opened one here said his very first four customers were buying JL's.... the quote,"White tire'd ones".

Just a sidenote:
I'm still waiting on a positve effect for the collector/consumer from this whole deal.I guess in the end it's all about the money huh?
I think every once in a while we should all remind ourselves there is more to life than putting a dollar sign on everything.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Maybe they are listed as RC.

·
Banned
8,047 Posts
Our Target re-set shows no JL but they have gotten maybe a total of 2-3 inners in the last two years. It's a small class B non Greatland. Our non Super WM has maybe gotten in 2-3 inners in the last 6 months. The super, maybe 5-6 inners the last 5 months. Things just are not what they use to be. I can't see how it could get worse with RC2.

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Kiowa said:
Maybe they are listed as RC.
JL doesn't exsist as a stand alone company anymore.
And RC probably hasn't hammered out agreements for peg space...
Just remember, RC didn't spend the money to let the line die.
Scott

·
Banned
8,047 Posts
Well now that really sucks. I wonder who RC2 plans to sell JL to. Sounds like they need an aggressive marketing program. RC sells a ton of other stuff to uncle Wally....this would just not make sense.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
The WalMarts (Super Center or not) and the Targets (Greatland or not) around me have - and have had for a long while - a pretty stinky selection. It is surprising to me how few they have.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Hey guys, almost all the Target's in my area re-set earlier this pass week for
Christmas. They all got about 4 inners a piece. There was 2 inners of Coke
Vintage and 2 assortments of the assorted cars. They had the Classic Gold 24,Mustang 2
Release 4, Mopar or no Car 5 and Hot Rod Mag. 6, Lightning Strikes 2, Volkswagon 2. I
found 4 w/l's out of 5 stores. 1 Mustang 2 70 Boss, 1 Lightning Strike Escalade, Coke Vintage 32 Highboy, 49 Merc. out of 5 stores. Great day off.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
You're lucky that you don't live in Canada.
Finding any JL is difficult at the best of times.
Any Walmart that I have been in, in Canada, in the last two or three years does not have any dedicated peg splace for Johnny Lightning. They are treated like oprhans.
The ones that do have JL get them in side-kicks that hold 24 or 48 vehicles which are usually hung at the end of aisles beside the end-caps (the shelves that face the centre aisles).
One store that I was in recently had about 200 Spiderman series that were hung all over the place. It also must of had about 100 Clue series. It also still had a lot of 50th Anniversary Corvette, a bunch of Import Heat, and some other "junk" that no-one has been interested in buying in the last 2 years. But nothing that I would consider new. No Classic Gold, no Mopar Or No Car, no Muscle Cars USA, etc.

I have visited several other Walmarts in the last three months in several cities with the same kind of results. Spiderman, Monoply, Clue, Spiderman, Monoply, Clue.....
You get the picture.

I have found one Walmart that on rare occasions gets some JL in very limited numbers. But it too does not have any dedicated peg space for JL. So you have to wonder all over the toy department several times when you visit and just hope that you MAY find some JL. Its the travelling and finding the time to visit this store that hurts. And the distinct possibility of leaving empty-handed.
Lucky that I don't have to travel 300 miles one way.

Cheers. Cobra

1 - 13 of 13 Posts