Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The local Wally hasn't carried JLs in over a year, wasn't one of the stores that carried the 40th Ann line (plastic bases aside). Tonight I had to stop in the supermarket next door for a few things and thought what the heck, it's after 9PM, I'll se if WalMart might have a case of Hot Wheels on their pallet tonight. Yeah, that's what this hard core Johnny Lightning collector has been reduced to. Well, they didn't have any cases of HW's, but I spotted two small packages with RC2 tape on them. Could this be what I think it is?

YES!!!!!!!!

My store is now going to carry the Forever 64 line! Plastic bases be damned, my local Wally is gonna have Johnnie's again!!!!!! I busted open the first case and grabbed the Fury Taxi, the Hudson Hornet "Doc" car, and the '59 Impy. No whites. Opened up the second box, and there it was, an all white '59 Impala with a white base! My first WL find in over a year! I was stunned. I completely forgot how to do the "Happy Dance" and wound up tripping myself and knocking down an end cap of miniature skateboard thingies :hat: I grabbed a second "Doc" Hudson, and a few other cars as well, seven cars at two bucks a pop. But it gets better.

Another look at the pallet showed a small package with M2 tape on it. Turned out to be the little boxed "Detroit Muscle" release. Never found a single M2 chase car ever, and never expect I will. Guess again! There in the bottom row was a pretty little 'Cuda with no paint on it, just a funny looking "chrome" finish! Didn't look a thing like the other blue 'Cuda in that case. Quite a night for me. Haven't been that excited since I don't know when.

·
Registered
995 Posts
My WalMart won't let ya touch the cases until the product is hanging on the pegs. They would probably called the cops on you for breaking open the cases.

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
If you aren't into that Cuda, give me a holler, maybe we can work something out.

Gerald

·
Banned
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My WalMart won't let ya touch the cases until the product is hanging on the pegs. They would probably called the cops on you for breaking open the cases.
One of the guys who brings out the pallets is sort of a friend of ours. he doesn't do me any favors setting aside any boxes for me or anything, but he knows I'm a toy car freak and has no problem with me opening a case. He gets a laugh out of how excited I get.:hat: The M2 is a definite keeper. I always keep the first chase car I find from any particular brand, and this was my first M2 one. Pretty darn good first one, I think.

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
from mine to yours??

First of all, congrats on your chase scores!:thumbsup:

The other day I was at the WM near my home (which carries JLs) and there were about 4 empty pegs labeled for JLs with the $2 price point. After reading your post, I thought maybe this WM was going to get a new shipment. Went back earlier this evening and those same pegs are no longer labeled for JLs.:( Makes me wonder if WM is shifting the select stores carrying JLs.....

·
Banned
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Went back to that WM again, and apparently I was too excited the other night to notice that they also got in an order of JL 1/24 Rel 38, as well as a 12 pack of M2 "Drivers" in the same little boxes as the other series. Three of the 1/24 were gone, and 8 of the 12 M3 Drivers were gone. Three more of the Forever 64s were gone and two more of the Detroit Muscle M2's, so someone else around here is doing a little hunting too.

I've got to start getting back on my "game".

1 - 16 of 16 Posts