Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to two local Walmarts. Both had "11" new Coke series JLs. The 1st store
is open 24 hours so I can understand someone getting there "early" to get the 12th car. But my nearest store is not open 24 hours. And from yesterday to Opening this am that one JL did not make it to the pegs. The eleven got stocked during closing so hmmmmmmm!??!?!?!?!?! I also notice other "hot" items rarely show up at this WMt..namely McFarlanes...always 11 at opening too. HMMMMM!? So its nice to see some "honest" Walmart stores where you can find JLs available...namely in CANADA! So happy hunting guys!! May your good fortunes continue. Hopefully Walmarts sales keep declining here in the states.
Just my view. GARY

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Gary, I think that the only Canadians actually finding a variety of different JL offerings
are those living in Ontario. At least that is what I see from recent posts.
Western Canada appears to have only got the Big Boats 5-packs in huge quantities.
That would be from Vancouver Island to the Ontario border.
I know of at least six stores receiving over 100 sets of Big Boats. That is each store!
Other than that the only other JLs that I know of, were the 1:24 Marvel castings.
So everything IS NOT ROSY in Canada in the way of any JLs.
Not much else that I can tell you.
BYW, Canada has the same problems when it comes to "chase" castings.

Cheers. Cobra

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yeah,all 4 Walmarts in my area received nothing but the Big Boats 5 car sets, Did find 5 WL sets,but it would have been nice to see some of the Pony Power sets mixed in with them. And still waiting to see if we get some of those newer 1.00 cars that Ontario are getting. I checked yesterday and they finally put all those 2 year old Poker Cars that were collecting dust on the pegs on clearance.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Even here in the "great white north" ya gotta be careful. I was talking to an employee of a major chain here and remarked on the prorodz series chase cars and how they are rare(here) and his immediate response was "how do you tell them apart from the others". He says that he doesn't collect, and that may be true, but I think he puts some on ebay to sell when he can and passes on the info to a guy who collects there. Of course, there are also those that grab stuff for friends, now wouldn't we all like to be in that position!

·
Registered
896 Posts
I found the complete Gold Series R3 today at Wal-Mart...surprised to see them there, thought they were a TRU exclusive.

It was strange, it was an unknown, relatively new Super Wal-Mart only about 5 miles from me that I didn't know existed until I did a search on W-M's website and realized I have 20 Wal-Marts within 25 miles of me..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts