Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One of our local WalMarts had a "Manager's Special" Dealer/Collector day today. This one single store ordered in over 10,000 Hot Wheels :thumbsup: Goofiest thing was to do it at 10AM on a Thursday??? They brought out over 5000 in the bin at first, then periodically for a couple of hours after that they would bring out more. 2 of my friends and I took a vacation day and split what we got 3 ways. EVERYONE that was there left with no less than 2 Treasure Hunts, and the most one guy got was 9 Dairy Deliveries. My friends and I got 3 Dairy Deliveries each, and 1 Corvette each. I also grabbed two variations of the 8Crate (the graphics are different, the blues are different, and the bases, 1 is Malaysia, 1 is Thailand). I also picked up a mystery car I didn't have yet...the Bonneville and I grabbed a spare Batmobile.

:wave:

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Ho-lee CRAP!! They are going to have those leftovers for years to come! Congrats to you for being at the right place at the right time. 9 Dairy for one person, that's insane! If you have a spare Dairy let me know what you need, as long as it doesn't have 2007 and/or Super in front of it. ;)

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NYSWLhunter said:
yes yes that is OUT OF CONTROL!! How did they sort the cases per person??
When it first rolled out, the first 5000 were dumped and that was a free for all(which stayed pretty civilized). After that, they rolled out carts of cases and they'd open them and hand them to you. Things were very friendly, there was a lot of joking around, and no arguing. You should have seen everyone working together stacking cars so more would fit in the bin... it was pretty cool!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
WOW wish they had those things full of Hotwheels down here... 4 T-Hunts... no three dairy delivery T-Hunts and a C6 T-Hunt.... WOW :eek: :eek:...

:cool::thumbsup:---Midnighrun---:wave:

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
I'm speechless!

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
I just caught my breath.

Congrats on the scores!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
how did you know they were doing this did they advertise it?

i just wish my wallmart wasnt gay if they did it here the dump bin woulda had no hunts after coming out of the back room

·
Old School Dinosaur
2,130 Posts
10,000 HW's, Unbelieveable! Congrats on the scores!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts