Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
2018 Atlas1121 Genuine Collector Award
21,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stop by a couple of Walgreens to see what they had.

Second store only had 2 cars, so you might have to hit a few stores to find the whole set.

·
Premium Member
9,805 Posts
Awesome 1971 Datsun bluebird 510 station wagon you found Jim congrats. :thumbsup: I will be checking my Walgreens stores for these. :thumbsup:

·
2018 Atlas1121 Genuine Collector Award
21,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Iv'e been to about 10 stores and only 1 store had them so they are coming, keep looking.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Iv'e been to about 10 stores and only 1 store had them so they are coming, keep looking.
10 stores? :D
btw is it same price as mainline hotwheel at walgreen, about $1.25?
i guess if it come to walmart, it will different with mainline 94 cents

so......, can get cheaper price of this series at walgreen?
iam sooo.... exicted is it is true :)

·
Administrator
37,105 Posts
Our Walgreens had greatly reduced their toy aisle allocation about a month ago for Summer items as well. Will make an effort to check out our closest one this evening...

...still a small area and all old case lots. :frown2:

·
Premium Member
9,805 Posts
Awesome car culture euro style cars you found congrats. :thumbsup: I will be checking my Walgreens next week. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,379 Posts
what's up with no rubber tires on this Euro series?

First the garage, now a sub series of car culture of which an earlier release had the nice wheels

I hope they aren't pricing these repackaged mainline style cars at any more than $1.50 to $2. I will pay 3.50 to $4 for the Japan series, but not these....

somethings going on here....

[bythe way, evil... Walgreens is a national drug store chain like CVS and Rite Aid...]

·
Registered
7,379 Posts
They all have rubber tires.
are we sure about this?

I just found the red Fiat at Walgreens today, had it in hand and... looking at the wheels... it appears they are one piece wheels with the rim/hub pattern just stamped onto the wheel... just like all the plastic mainline cars... and the axle popping thru the middle (?)

are they 1 piece rubber?... I thought the rubber tires were wrapped around a metal or plastic rim so the wheel will freely spin?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts