Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a 50cc engine, with a Walbro 441 carb. The carb does not have a primer bulb, and no choke came on the carb. The carb will not draw any fuel when spun over (electric start). I did put in a new carb gasket kit, and the problem did not get fixed. Any ideas??

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
What series Walbro carburetor do you have? (not the number but letters)

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
Most WA series carburetors had the choke built into the air filter adapter. Is there an air filter on your unit?

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
You could always use an external prime, or just block off the stack when starting.

·
Registered
51 Posts
How long had it been since the engine was last run before you got it?

Did you soak the carb while you had it apart to put the new gaskets and diaphrams in?

Have you checked to make sure your fuel lines aren't cracked and leaking air somewhere?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How long had it been since the engine was last run before you got it?

Did you soak the carb while you had it apart to put the new gaskets and diaphrams in?

Have you checked to make sure your fuel lines aren't cracked and leaking air somewhere?
#1 No idea.

#2 Soak the carb in what???

Fuel lines are new- no leaks

·
Registered
810 Posts
Do not soak the carb. I have learned that the chem dip can damage the check valves in these carbs. Use an aerosol carb cleaner and spray all of the little ports. Did you install the diaphragm/gaskets properly? On the Walbro site it shows the WA series has a primer. It also shows the passage ways for fuel flow. Passageways that may be blocked.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
On the Walbro site it shows the WA series has a primer. It also shows the passage ways for fuel flow. Passageways that may be blocked.
This carb is from the 80's. The 441-a replacement has a primer on by looking at it.

It looks like I'm just going to bite the bullet and get a new carb for it.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
HA!

I got it running. When I took it apart, I didn't see the plastic manifold has a top and a bottom to it. I had it 180 degrees off, and the small port that goes through was blocked off. I got that swaped around, and it started right up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts