Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local Wally's are also in the midst of a reset. The one in town has reduced their Hot Wheels area to a third of what it was. I knew there was a reason they weren't restocking... It sucks. They'll turn into Walgreens, I'll drop by once in a while because I'll occasionally get lucky, but so much for actually buying much.

On the other hand, in Marion, they've devoted more space to the various lines, and are going to be bringing in model kits! Woot!

·
Registered
10,980 Posts
Mine is in the middle of its toy reset as well. I'm hoping they do not reduce diecasts size. I just hope they put out some new stock.:freak:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Mine had not done a reset and went this past sunday looking for a the deals eveyone was talking about, but they were still full price, but the JL and HW Boulevard pegs were full woth goodness and spent 80 bucks... added a few CARS cars, and some MBX..... The Hobbie is begin to hurt my pocket.:tongue:

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
you lucky guys, i wish they would stock model stuff at my walmart....such a pain needing to drive 45 minutes plus to even find any sort of modeling stuff and when you do its really highly priced unless you find good clearance items...what aisle are they adding the modeling stuff too? is it near the legos?

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Walmart here is resetting too. Never much of a selection of Hotwheels...seems like they only stock about once a month or 6 weeks. No new mainlines yet for the reset but they did get in the motorcycles....some new M2...some new (older) matchbox.....

CARS is full of course and seems like every year they reset there's more of them flippin' skateboards junkin' up the isle :tongue:

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I checked out two of the local stores... and they have reset and still have the JL, M2, Boulevard, and Nostalgia series on the new mod and at full price :(

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
From what I can tell from the reset sheets at my local WMart, there will no longer be any M2s. I am so completely bummed. The next closer ones have all expanded their M2 space, they just aren't as convenient to search.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
i looked for testors stuff, no go...but i did check the tags on the shelfs and they are going to be stocking the 1/24 m2 vehicles...i may get one or two but at nearly 20$ each i could just get a model...and they are going to be restocking the auto-haulers as well those are ones i will gladly pay the 17$ price tag on...

·
Registered
264 Posts
my walmart looks like their getting m2 clam paks, and some bigfoot 4x4's and i dont know what those are. The bad news looks like their getting rid of the mb working rigs line. Those were the only thing my walmart restocked! GO figure.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Looks as though 2 of the 3 Walmarts in my area will not be carrying M2 anymore nor the new Muscle Machines from Maisto...

Looks to be all HWs - MB Cars and cheapy Maisto .87c Cars.... Uggghhh :freak: :freak: :freak:

Looks like I will purchasing my M2s from OLDs .... Walmart has turned out to be a HORRIBLE Store.... I hope Target starts carrying them again.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
The reset would explain my terrible luck finding stuff at Wally's. When I went last night, there wasn't much on the pegs, but I found an end-cap display full of Hot Wheels...and they turned out to be Batmobiles! I also found a Classics '58 Edsel, which I ran through the self-price-check scanner deal in hopes it would be priced at $1. But at the register, it rang up as $3.97!

I'm thinking Target might be a better hunting ground.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The model kits will be around the other side of the diecast aisle, but that's not much help since pretty much every wally around here is arranged differently. They still here seem to be willing to carry M2, but they don't restock them all that often, I can't see that changing much in the future.

On the other hand, while I was trying to find the diecast aisle, I asked the help of one of the associates who turned out to be a collector too. I immediately (not out loud, I was polite) wondered if he was the reason I never see any TH's there...I may have to try and make friends with him though, because he tells me that he inherited his grandfather's collection, which was handed down to his dad before him, and that therefore, he has pretty much everything from 1974 on. That would be a sight to see.

Then my wife, who knows I really dislike my current job, suggested I get a part time job there so I could scalp the diecast as it came out. I didn't tell her how I didn't want to become the enemy.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Drove to Benton. That's about as far as I can range without making it part of a day trip, or adding it to some other trip like chemo days. They've rearranged their diecast as well. Looks like this one is dropping Maisto, JL and M2, as well as any Hot Wheels that isn't mainline. They had a lot of Hot Ones marked down, and a few Boulevard.

Scored the two Wild Cards Camaros though, at a discount.

Seems to me (this is just speculation, now) that Wal-Mart is pretty much all around dropping M2's. At least in my area. Bummer. It's cool that they got into Hobby Lobby, but HL charges a couple dollars more.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Looks as though 2 of the 3 Walmarts in my area will not be carrying M2 anymore nor the new Muscle Machines from Maisto...]

Just visited the local Wally-World in my area and they've actually added M2 & the aforementioned Muscle Machines. Let me know what you're looking for and I'll see if they've got it.

Cheers,
Falcon1

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Walmart here is finished with the reset & I'm trying to figure how far behind they are on Hotwheels shipments.....they are now just putting out cases with the 71 Challenger from the last Kmart Day, the Red Dodge Lil Red Express truck and the Yellow Harley Fat Boy....go figure.

But they also had some newer stuff and I scored two of the Black BoneShakers....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts