Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped at my local Wal Mart today . They reset the toy section . Moved the cars a few aisles over . No M2's !! Is WM not gonna carry them anymore ???

Or is it just my local store ?? They always did have a poor selection of diecast ...

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
From all the Walmart Stores I have been too since the reset.... Seems the only ones that are getting the M2s are the Stores that sold alot of M2s in the past and not the ones that had them as shelf warmers. I have 4 Stores in my area 100 mile ratius and only 2 kept the M2s and the other 2 deleted them from the inventory system.

Its a crap shoot in what Store is going to carry them and what Store is going to delete them.... I think M2 needs to get their Sales Reps to do overtime in getting every Retail Store to carry their product. Just my .02c ...

I know if I was the owner of Castline I would want my product in every BIG chain Store and in all the Mom & Pop Shops too - heck I would even push to get my product in every Gas Station across the globe. I would hammer down and push my product like I am a drug dealer. I did sales for a few years and yes it's alot of work making someone think that they really need the product, but a great salesman is not a poor salesman. You have to sell your soul to make it ahead in this world and in Castlines case, they may have to step it up a little to make every collector not walk away if their product is not at their fingertips in every Store.... No product means - no sales and that has to hurt Castline at the end of the year.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
my local walmart almost doubled their M2 section.. they got haulers, auto lifts, and some of the larger scale M2s in now.
Same here with at least 3 Walmarts in my area. Of course, I live near the birth place of GM so car culture is quite prevalent here.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Same here in PA, DE and MD. A lot of stores lost M2's; a few still have them and fewer less added pegs for the Auto-Lifts. Since WM went to the cubes; there were more M2s displayed but they're always mixed up and disorganized.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
After the reset, I thought my local WM wasn't going to carry them. I couldn't even find them in clearance. A few weeks later, their (small) selection turned back up. In the town next door, their reset doubled their M2 Stock, including haulers and lifts, plus a not inconsiderable 1:24 selection.

I think the two price points on M2 cubes hurts them, too. We as collectors know that the drivers are cheaper than the rest, but when Aunt Lucy goes to buy a car for her nephew, see 3:88, and it rings up at 5.88... It doesn't help that the kids go through the aisles, trashing them out, so that the drivers are mixed with the others (and with Jada Lo-Pro's which are packaged similarly), and no one knows which item is priced at what point.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
After the reset, I thought my local WM wasn't going to carry them. I couldn't even find them in clearance. A few weeks later, their (small) selection turned back up. In the town next door, their reset doubled their M2 Stock, including haulers and lifts, plus a not inconsiderable 1:24 selection.

I think the two price points on M2 cubes hurts them, too. We as collectors know that the drivers are cheaper than the rest, but when Aunt Lucy goes to buy a car for her nephew, see 3:88, and it rings up at 5.88... It doesn't help that the kids go through the aisles, trashing them out, so that the drivers are mixed with the others (and with Jada Lo-Pro's which are packaged similarly), and no one knows which item is priced at what point.
EXACTLY; i think they would have sold more if they were still "Pegged".

·
Registered
267 Posts
Here in Omaha we have 7 WM's, all within a 20-30 mile radius.

I've been to all of them since the reset and they have at least DOUBLED the amount of M2's on the shelf at each store :)

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
At mine nothing but mainline HW, MB, and Cars. Not even worth looking at anymore

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
Couple Comments:

a. I think it depends on the Walmart - the smaller stores in our area only have old stock and get nothing new. The Super Centers are constantly re-stocking, so I think it is store related. At least in my area.

b. I don't think it is a matter of NOT WANTING PRODUCT IN WalMart - I think it is space allocation. product mix and what the buyers have bitten into are all factors . I believe M2 wanted to stay in Target last year but the buyers were out of shelf space.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
The two walmarts I frequent both did opposite. The odd thing is the area of the Walmarts for me.

1. Not so nice area, supercenter, moved the aisle and tripled the amount of M2. This Walmart always has the cubes running off the shelf of old releases.

2. Very nice area, not supercenter, moved the aisle and got rid of any M2. This walmart always sold out of every M2 they received.

Doesn't make sense to me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts