Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found these two today in a box, maybe 10 years old. Back in my Lake Speed custom days. Painted and ready for decals....of which are long gone. So now they are just blank canvas.

Now I just wait for lightning to strike and inspire me where to go from here...any ideas? Maybe one of you will unlock an idea for these castings!

Oh, and waiting for spell checker to arrive for that tittle!

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Hmm... I wonder what would happen if Gulf and Martini & Rossi were to sponsor these bad boys...

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Replicate a local dirt tracker. The wheels would be too nice. But if you have any dirt tracks that have been in operation around you for a while. Check out any stories involving a red Buick, Olds, Chevy?

·
Registered
639 Posts
To be honest I think that buick looks pretty darn fine just way it stands. Maybe add a little detail if any and maybe some new shoes and I think you would have winner :thumbsup:

·
Livin in an Altered State
702 Posts
Couple of nice Buick stockers you have there. Could be a nice basis for some "Handsome" Harry Gant triibutes to go along with your Lake Speed stuff.

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good ideas all gang, Might do the dirt track thing to the Buick. But the bottom Oldsmobile is still just hanging out there. Could repaint again for a gaint car. Not a bad idea.

·
Registered
10,573 Posts
Hey Ward you could do the bottom Olds as the 75 Rahmoc racing dinner bell meats/food lion car. The Top Car has to be done in the #1 UNO Cards look and then send it to me for my birthday present!!!!

·
Registered
10,573 Posts
Lake Speed Wynn's KMart only victory Olds from 1988 would be good as well as the red barron pizza 88 of Buddy Baker, Or the Crisco Olds 88 of Baker, or Lake Speed's Bulls Eye BBQ sauce Olds.......................even though some of these were the Later model Cutlass.

·
Registered
10,573 Posts
Kyle petty drove the #1 Olds blue and red with UNO and STP Sponsor. Skoal, Piedmont Airlines, Sunoco, Crown Gasolines, Skoal Classic, A.J. Foyt Copenhagen, Moroso Olds. Or go Busch Grand National crown/ fast fare#25, Detriot Gasket #2 and #72, #8 black Olds of Bobby Hamilton, Penrose #44, Big Mama meat snacks #31. The Kodak cup car was an Olds as well.

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK, I like the Speed Bulls Eye BBQ idea, I never replicated that one. The Olds casting is the last generation as done by Action so it is a perfect donor! I have the UNO Buick allready And the K-Mart Olds (10 years or older customs) so I could add that BBQ car into the collection!

The Old customs again...this was what these two blanks were scheduled to become, another set of these, I painted them and never decaled them so all these years later they still sit in a box!

·
Registered
10,573 Posts
Nope that year Allison was in the 28 car. This is Tim Richmond in Kenny Childers car. The 27 Cale Yarborough/M.C. Anderson Valvoline Buick would be a great Buick to make.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Only idea on the cars as i do Fords only, i think Government Motors Logos would be appropriate since that the only American car company not owened by the Govt is FORD!!!

I have nascar decals if interested. LMK
Not to hijack the thread, but do you have modern sponsor decals? If so PM me please.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Hey Ward,
Have you got any pics of your Lake Speed Customs??

--CadillacPat the UnCustomizer--
Keeping the ZING in CustomiZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
LOL! I am somewhat sad to admit that my only claim to fame in the diecast world was my Lake Speed collection. I wrote articles, answered mail, the whole nine yards, all over the diecast of Lake Speed!!!!

Told ya, kinda sad hu?

I will look for a few photos and scan them latter of the big collection. All I have now is what is in these two photos. Well, all I have left of the die-cast. I still have HUNDREDS of original photos, promo cards, trading cards, etc.

I pretty much left Nascar when Lake did.

Did I mention sad?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts