Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember seeing a company's website who had some of the Wacky Races vehicles available, I believe in resin. But, due to a computer meltdown, I lost my listings. I can't seem to find them again. Anyone able to help me out? Thanks!

Wayne

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
I hope some one remembers!

Dang! Now that would be a cool line up for PL!!

That or diecast! COOL!

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
You might be thinking of a thread over on AT's Assemble Line board, as I remember there being a headsup there fairly recently that a Japanese company was bringing out a set of Wacky Races collector's models with a chase model. They weren't model kits to be constructed, though, as I understood it. Try going back a few pages on the Assembly line, or using the Search, if these were the models you're after.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Al Reboiro (Python Press) did a line of those, but his website addy escapes me at the moment...

I'll check later today to see what I can dig up.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
THOSE ARE THE ONES!!! I had thought they were from M.I.M., but when I was looking for them, I thought I had seen them under the Animation and Cartoon page. Thanks a bunch! :wave:

Wayne

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Kinda pricey huh? :eek: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
459 Posts
Konami in Japan have released 2 sets of prepainted small ABS Wacky Racers.
You should be able to find them on Hobby Link Japan's site or Evil bay.
As with the other Konami stuff ( Gerry Andersons shows) they are very limited and can get expensive very fast after release.
They do look gorgeous though...

Jim

·
Registered
30 Posts
A couple of months back someone on one of the forums here posted a picture of a resin kit they had gotten and needed to be identified...

Turned out to be Muttly in his trenchcoat and aviator's cap, as he appeared on Wacky Races. Would have loved to have that kit. Muttly's snicker was a large part of my early childhood... :)

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As Mitch suggested, I emailed Al at Python Kits. He said he has five of the cars from Wacky Races and he will be at WonderFest! I just may have to pick one or two up!

Wayne

1 - 18 of 18 Posts