Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Haven't been on for long long time so thought I'd share a couple of pics.
Still working on this green Crooze- fabricating an aluminium tail to replace the HotWheels plastic one but can't decide on the shape and style. Tried sweeping wings, low trailing wings, top fuel wheelie bar with orange 'rollers' matchin' the wheels but still can't make me mind up! So the pic shows it without the tail set-up.

Couldn't resist making some 'neons' for it. Rims/hubs were a nightmare though. 10 slots on each indexed around the rim, with separate centre hubs in each. Not so bad on the back ones, but the front wheels on Crooze Bats are pretty small, so milling got a bit intricate- Had to have quite a few beers to see it thro !

Holy HardNoze Batman this ones been Tango'd...........

Prefer the paint on this one, but didn't have time to make a set of wheels, so just fitted a set of clear green 5-spokes from a Ronnie M's or BK car.
The glowing exhaust is some green fibre-optic bar I had- it's not a perfect color match but blends in ok and glows in any light. Think it'd look much better with some fabricated mags though!

Anyway, Thanks for looking guys and Bye 4 Now :wave:

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
i was getting ready to e mail ya to see how you was. missed ya being here.
welcome back. and thay look great!

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
Hey Wizard! Where've you been Sir? Cool stuff you've got there. Stop by more often, we love to see your stuff.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Cool. I like the fiber optics bar in the Batmobile.

I recently bought a Low Flow and Fast Fuse that are swept in back like the first one and have been waiting to do something w/ them.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:wave: Hey thanks for the extra comments guys- I had no idea this post had been dragged to the front again untill a mate rang me :)

The orange one always got the thumbs up over the green- I think the Crooze and hardnoze Bats are a bit of fun and love 'em or hate 'em really.

Jitte- I LOVE the HWs Fast Fuse- I had a few scrappers somewhere but never got round to doing them. A really unusual styled car and It's got a cool engine up front and a nice Madmax looking blower if I remember right. It's one of those cars thats cryin out to be customized but at the same time still looks cool as it is!

Harristotle- thats from when I used imageshack- I've been on photobucket a while now! Glad you enjoy the pics

Jingles- Nor can I see half the time! When I did the crooze wheels I used a 1.0mm cutter, which in a 3 inch chuck with just a tiny bit poking out means it's being done pretty much blind using the graduations on the dials entirely for the feed. That's what makes them so time intensive, a bit of fun and a change from milling big 4 inch blocks, but I'm not in a rush to do anymore!

Cheers again guys :wave:

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Jitte- I LOVE the HWs Fast Fuse- I had a few scrappers somewhere but never got round to doing them. A really unusual styled car and It's got a cool engine up front and a nice Madmax looking blower if I remember right. It's one of those cars thats cryin out to be customized but at the same time still looks cool as it is!

You got it. :)

That blue bubble enclosure would look good w/ the body done in blue X-Metals. It's hard to see from this angle but the blower does come up to a point in the middle like the Mad Max car. I had thought about cutting the tail off even w/ the rear of the tail lights but will probably leave it like it is.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys

Fast Fuse looks wicked- Thanks for sharing the pic Jitte :thumbsup:
Been ages since I seen one! I've only ever seen the silver with blue canopy, thats the ones I got somewhere but I guess they must have done other variations.

I love the 50s concept style fins on em too. For me it's one of the few fantasy designs that when you look at it you think CUSTOMIZE! But when you study it the shape just seems cool as it is. I know what ya mean, some wild paint is probably all it needs and safer than risking a chop!

Now you got me thinking of a highly polished casting with ally rims on clear blue neon tires.............:wave:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts