Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While at WM today, I had a chance to view the new VW Beetle from the Coca-Cola Drive to the Beach Series. It looks like JL frosted the back window and a bit of the front window too, perhaps trying to convey the impression that the car was filled with ice cold Coca-Cola? And what's that big green thing on the rear engine compartment? It looks like a squashed Christmas wreath with a big brown feather sticking out of it...what's that all about? :freak: :p

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
Hmm, haven't had the "pleasure" to see those in person yet. Wasn't really looking forward to them to begin with, and this info does not change that one bit.

·
Registered
10,980 Posts
Must be some heavy breathing in that bug. I think they are making out at the lake! Hey check out the WL fourm for my 5,000th post Grand Opening!

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
vw-wl-collector said:
i got 2 of the bugs one is missing the ugly thing on the back
Now that's interesting. Maybe the one without the green wreath is a WL?? Could that be?

I'm wondering if there was another tampo that was supposed to be applied on top of the green, but wasn't, for whatever reason. :confused:

·
Registered
10,980 Posts
AQUA XK8 said:
Now that's interesting. Maybe the one without the green wreath is a WL?? Could that be?

I'm wondering if there was another tampo that was supposed to be applied on top of the green, but wasn't, for whatever reason. :confused:
White wheels and rims on the WL version. I guess they are lucky to remove one less tampo.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
yea white tires and white interiors on the wl versions the bug is a error but i got a white from the set the same day its the 32 ford roadster all thats diffrent from the reg is the white tires and int

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Pablodragon said:
looks like it's supposed to be like a picture of an island with a tree on it ...or sumthin:rolleyes:
I believe you are correct. I just got back from WM and I took my magnifying glass with me to check out that green mass on the VW. Highly magnified, it looks like a white sand island surrounded by greenish carribean water, with 5 waves . The island has 4 palm or coconut trees on one side of it, and one tree on the other end of the island. And that definitely is a feather there.
Anyway, the VW is still on the pegs at WM in Manchester, CT.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts